I grew up using a Model 97, but this is my first 1912. What I was drawn to was the incredibly light weight (for a pumpgun!)and geometry of this nickel-steel 16 bore. I've still got a soft spot for English doubles, but this little project was loads of fun and for almost no money. I opened the choke on the 26-inch tube to light modified and had the stock altered to my dimensions and was ready to go.

BTW- you are right about the toughness of the internal parts on these guns. My cutt-off wasn't bent at all or even worn, but things were a bit grimy and neglected. A good cleaning and a close study of how things really worked and I realized that everything was in order after all. As has been mentioned earlier here, Model 12s work a bit differently than all the other pump guns in that they stage the shell somewhat out of the magazine tube for the next shot.

I got this gun from the bargain rack because it wasn't pretty (from long neglect and poor storage) and it shot 2 9/16 shells. But cleaned up and loaded with RST 2 1/2s it was very popular at grouse camp this Fall. When you can actually use that 3rd shot (on doves, quail, etc.) this a great way to add it.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 12/18/12 07:45 PM.