Joe, I was woodcocking Saturday before last and had what I believe was a sow bluff charge my dog and me. We must have gotten a little too close to her and her brood. I was in thick rivercane when my Britt Abby started barking. I knew what was going on and when I called, she came to me. I put the gun down to leash her and when I did a coal black hog about as tall but two to three times Abby's weight charged us. Out of reaction, I ran towards it hollering. The hog spun on its heels and ran away. I got the hell out of there. When I first saw the hog it was less than 5 yards away. If it ain't gators, it's snakes. If it ain't snakes, it's gators. If ain't gators or snakes, it's hogs. Crap. I put in a call today for cut gear for Abby. She already wears a skid plate vest for regular rough and tumble conditions so I might as well get her something a little more robust than what Lion Country offers. A hog hunter in SW Oklahoma told me that every year he hears about bird dogs being killed by hogs. Apparently they have a Eurasian strain that is badass. www.hardcorehogdogs.com offers a Kevlar vest for baying dogs. This happened to a man in my wife's home county. Stan probably knows him. http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=2081&cid=84 Damn hogs. Gil