July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (CJ Dawe, azgreg, canvasback, Tim in PA, 2 invisible), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,656
Posts547,503
Members14,436
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike Bailey
Unfortunately Run with the Fox you will not be allowed to take your model 12 to shoot driven pheasant in the UK as I found out recently. You can shoot vermin with it, rabbit, pigeon etc but not game since it has a magazine capacity of more than 2 shots (it might be 3), Thus I canīt take my newly aquired 1948 Model 12 to England to shoot pheasant unless it is welded up (no plugs allowed). Who thought up that regulation ????????? best in a mad world, Mike
Thanks for that insight Mike- I didn't know that, but as the chances of that invite coming my way from Lord Farley (known as Chuck to his immediate circle of friends perhaps?)--are about the same as our Legion Post inviting either Hillary Clinton or Hanoi Jane Fonda to be our guest speaker at the Memorial Day event--For waterfowling, here you are right- a removeable (but not without diss-assembly) 3 shot plug- 2 in the magazine and one in the chamber for that total for Migratory bird hunting is the law of the land- since about 1935. I shudder to think how "welding up" a permanent plug into the rather thin walled steel tube for a Model 12 magazine- would not make it "egg-shaped" and so "out of round" as to prevent proper fucntion of the forearm operating rod group- Alas- But, amigo mio en Espana-- consider this we still have 'slob hunters" who by-pass that 3 shot ruling, skybust, etc- not exactly apples to apples re the current anti-semi-automatic rifle ownership situation here in the States- BUT-- to my mind anyway, there is a co-relation here- restricting or attempts to do so by that 1935 Act signed by FDR didn't stop all the slob-ism in waterfowl hunting- how does restricting magazine capacity purport to do that with "assault" rifles- most of the scumbag sociopaths that do their heinous acts are targeting unarmed and defenseless folks and kids- they have all the time they want to re-hang a new fresh magazine, before they later "off" themselves before the SWAT team can do that final act..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know Senor Fox, what I cannot understand is why I canīt just load it with 2 shots to shoot pheasant ?? Just not allowed without permanent welding but I can load it up with 6 for pigeon, rabbit, crows etc etc, madness. At least here in Spain they are equitable, 3 cartridges only for everything and you only have to use a plastic plug, that must be one of the dafest pieces of legislation ever put onto the statute book in the UK ! best, Mike

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.