Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

We may as well forget about convincing Biden et.al. We need to convince all the well meaning people that think the trash they are hearing every day is true. We need calm people writing letters to the editors every day, and emailing/tweeting "talking heads" with the truth. Not all will listen, but some will.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig and Dave: I was asked my opinion and I gave it. What you do is what you do. Yes, I have pistols and a full-auto Sten until the grandfather-clause was removed and it was more liability around the house and sold it to another friend. Canadians had a taste of knee-jerk anti-firearms legIslation and turned back registration. What we did could not work in the US on the evidence here. Our experience could be helpful once the US shooting sports fraternity gets its act together, as it did in Canada.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Absolutely. My hat is off to East Alabama. I've lots of friends around Birmingham.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your may remember Dr Suzanna Gratia Hupp from her testimony about losing her parents in Luby's.

here she is owning one of the complicit media the other day.

here is her testimony many years ago

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those to videos says it all!!!! Thanks for posting. They are going to everyone on my email list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Speaking from an Englishmans point of view, please fight to safeguard your rights. Before 1932 in Britain no gun licences were required apart from a licence from the Post Office which permitted you to carry any firearm anywhere. In Victorian England when anyone who wished could carry a handgun did so, serious crime was not prevelant, the biggest murderer of the age was Jack the Ripper who killed with a knife or scalpal. In 1910 in the Siege of Sidney Street several Anarchists had an armed stand off shooting at least two Police Officers. Winston Churchill, the then Home Secretary ordered the army out, but until they arrived, Police Officers were stopping passers-by asking them if they had a firearm, and if so, could they borrow it. In 1932 the Govermnent introduced the first of many Firearms Acts. Initially it was registration of the firearms (Rifles and Pistols) but later the restrictions were gradually increased until you had to be like a Circus Dog Act with dozens of hoops to jump through just to get a Firearms Certificate, In 1961 I got my Firearms Certificate, I was a member of a couple of Pistol Clubs and shot regularly. In 1964 I became a Police Officer and after two years became an authorised Police firearms qualified officer. Shortly after than I was an instructor. Outside the job I was still an enthusiastic shot having taken up Practical Pistol Shooting.

Over the years insideous inroads were made into the ownership of firearms, many not backed by legislation but introduced by Chief Police Officers at a mere whim. In 1997 Handguns were effectively banned and owners were told to hand them in at their local Police Office. The Police knew who had the licenced firearms but not who had the illegally owned handguns. Overnight thousands of shooters who had never fired a round at anything but a paper target lost their firearms with little if any recompence from the authorities. Late 1997 was a great year for anyone living outside of the United Kingdom to buy reloading equipment for next to nothing.

Of course the criminals didn't hand in a single weapon and the Police couldn't do a thing about it because they didn't know which crooks had them. Today the crooks know they are safe carrtying out an armed raid and because the Police are retro-active and they get to the scene too late. Since 1997 handgun crime has risen 400% over the previous figures.

It doesn't take a genious to work out, that if you ban firearms only the crooks will have them. Firearms Legislation has never worked except to the benefit of the Criminal Classes.

Rant over.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Finally King, you have revealed part of your solution to the problem we face. We should give up semi-autos which have the appearance of full automatic assault rifles, and we should give up "clips". And we should focus our efforts on turning back registration since you think we might be able to win on that one.

Did you have any arbitrary number in mind pertaining to "clip" or magazine capacity, or should we just give up all of them? Should we give up all semi-autos, or do you have a list of guns that look like assault weapons that we should let the grabbers take? Would you include any military style shotguns? And since these remedies have been tried before and failed to achieve the ALLEGED desired result... when it doesn't stop the next massacre... what would you suggest we should give up next?

Thank you Mr. Neville Chaimberlain. We finally have your winning strategy. All we have to do is bend over and get raped and learn to call it consensual.

The grabbers have always worked on incrementalism. They never start with outright bans except where an iron fisted dictatorship is already in place. So you're saying that letting them chip away at us will be OK this time? You're saying that if we give up semi-autos and "clips", that will be the last we hear from Biden and Obama? What do they call repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? I think the answer is Insanity.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm sure any of the "anti's" would insist that the evil black machine gun should in the top picture below should not be owned by any private individual:

But wait. The rifle below in the 2nd picture is no different functionally from the "evil black gun" pictured above. They are both in fact Ruger 10/22s probably the most successfull semi-auto 22 sold of all time.

Both of these examples function exactly the same. One pull of the trigger fires one round. The top example has had cosmetic changes only made to it and it now Looks like a minature MG34.
This is the same technique the anti's use all the time to mislead the public.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you Harry for the support and the great post, very informative read without a doubt........

I hope all our citizens here read and take note as to how fast gun rights can become a "disappearing act" in our great nation as it did in yours.....

Thanks Again,

Cheers,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, where did I say give up semi-autos? Where to give up the assaults and Obama and Biden would go away? Evidence, please. I said I don't favour them but I said also that I recognized the principle involved in protecting them. I've said I support the 2nd. Where in god's name do you find defeatism? Measuring where Washington likely to act arbitrarily---capriciously, unrestrained, despotically---and where it would face fierce dissent is prudent in allocating resources. Choose your battles, rarely do warriors win all of them. Canadians are still agitating for improvements.

Your messages appear as from one who hasn't been involved directly in action of what it takes to beat back grabbers other than a NRA membership. (And that antagonizing NRA comment while the nation mourning was no service to our cause, as I said here at the time. Better that the NRA would consider what Obama proposing and it would respond in good time in the country's best interests etc.) Unwarranted inflaming of public opinion is a mistake, and in confrontations of this kind, it's the faux pas that can kill you. Some November dandies come to mind.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.