Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Well, you got me there, but the colors will wear off. I didn't make the choice on the casehardening on that gun, it was Doug Turnbull Restorations that did it.

I have a cordless drill and can fix up your LC's for "easy assembly" for you Doug.

Sounds like the little choo-choo, "I think I can, I think I can".....you crack me up Chuck.......and the new millenium answer, "I didn't do it, honestly it's not my fault"........ grin

Some folks just do things different ways, see page one of this thread.......Some folks like the ol' use your stomach, hold your tongue right, don't sneeze method........and some folks like a real simple, easy, no rub mark, don't need the vise, no slipped screw driver, safety slide in place easily, answer the phone or use the bathroom with a no rush type approach to this re-assembly....... wink

I prefer the method I show on page one, using the tool I made....no pressure on the stock anywhere, no outside tool rubs or marks etc.....makes for a super clean, trouble free installation every time......

BTW, small holes-notches can be filled and completely invisible with matching saw dust and epoxy and stain if the internal hole-notch becomes a mental issue......

Doug