1. We are not talking only about upper crust English guns. I think that we are talking about fine guns; i. e., spending a lot of money on guns. 2. That said, i don't think that we are talking about whether spending money on guns is a good investment, as in making money. I think that what we are talking about is whether it is foolish to pay a lot of money for 2 1/2 inch guns and if there is a discount on the eventual sale of such guns, assuming that you are not going to be buried with them. 3. While there are various factors that play into the value of 21/2 inch guns, such as availability and cost of shells, that is not the focus of this discussion, nor are the aesthetics, history, or wonderfulness of 2 1/2 inch guns. 4. By the way, Guns that are chambered for normal, modern 2 3/4 inch shells are not necessarily heavy or slow. 5. If guns chambered for 2 1/2 inch shells are so wonderful, how come nobody has been building them for the past 40 or 50 years? I would love to know what proportion 2 1/2 inch guns constitute of fine gun production. Maybe 5 percent of English gun production (much of which is really produced elsewhere) and 0 percent of other ffine gun production.Possibly it has to do with marketability. 6. Does nobody here check out auction prices? Dealers' asking prices? 6.If speedy game guns are so swell, how come nobody wants 26 inch ( or less) barreled guns any more? It wasn't so long ago (OK, maybe 35 or so years ago) that I unloaded a fairly high grade Parker because it had 30 inch barrels). 7. That's it. I quit on this string. Now if somebody would like to start a string on the value and marketability of O/Us vs. SSs....