Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: Dave K

No one will who is is smart enough to realize what it is,and who wants their wife/children to have to drag every gun they own to a gun shop-and get ripped off with the transfer fees-or worse the guns,when they drop dead ??

I guess it's better to let one of his ol'buddies rip her off than take them to a licensed gun dealer and get them appraised.

Originally Posted By: Dave K
Here's a thought- Every bar and restaurant I have ever been in, to the best of my memory anyway, has a clear and visible sign saying "We refuse the right to refuse service to anyone" Why not gun shops that get the "Home-Boy" visitors- several other ways the owner could legally defeat the sale of these items to the undesirables amongst us-- (1) Cite the new regs. on large capacity magazines- these gang bangers aren't smart enough, or could care less about laws anyway, to know it is pending, not passed-- (2) Insist on cash only payment- as most of them are also pimps, they'll have a roll of Benjamins- check each bill with the special bank counterfeiting pen that looks like a magic marker- tell them they are trying to pay for something with counterfeit money, they are on your security camers, and to take their phoney money and depart, or you will call the cops. Both these proceedures work best if you and your staff are carrying in open and visible mode- not concealed. They'll get the message- (3)If they try to buy ammo, tell them your inventory is for customers who use their range approved facility, and they will have to wait until a fresh shipment arrives- say on Feb 30th--
All this is a backdoor gun registration,and it most importantly does not solve the problem of protecting the children in schools.

I don't believe any kind of gun registration is going to stop a psycho from shooting people......but it could slow the brothers down in the mall parking lots.

I saw one yesterday in a gun shop....red hat cocked side ways, bandana hanging, red and white football coat he was looking for an extended magazine for his pistola'

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..