September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (ithaca1, azgreg, j7l2, steve f, SKB), 376 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,924
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Sidelock
Sidelock

I still miss Shane. Hard to realize every person of note in that movie is now gone. Same way with "The Searchers" and the Original "Red River."

Sidelock
Sidelock

LD...

I was thinking bout leave'n but I'm feared they'd throw a going away party for me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, you remind in a way of my interview long after the war with a Canadian infantry officer's batman who did heroic things in desperation on the Dutch-German border: "I don't buttle to no one."

Giving in on this board to bad manners, foul language, racist slurs, bigotry, mischief and meanness is to be corrupted by it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King Brown, thanks for the new word - buttle, actually I found two meanings. Your interviewee obviously meant "I won't be anyone's butler" while the modern meaning discusses perspiration and dead skin flakes... I like the older meaning better.

jOe, you're okay, I shake my head at some of your true but insensitive blunt remarks, but I've come to the conclusion that you don't do it out of meaness, it's just your nature. I actually view threads I wouldn't view otherwise when I see that you've added one of your succinct missives

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

More likely a "he's gone" party.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd hate to miss it wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

You'd be invited?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah Methinks it's time for "Tales From the Ranch!!"

*"Late again," the third-grade teacher said to
little Sammy.

*"It ain't my fault this time, Miss Crabtree. You
can blame this'un on my Daddy. The reason I'm three
hours late is my Daddy sleeps naked!"

*Now, Miss Crabtree had taught grammar school for
thirty-some- odd years. Despite her mounting fears, she
asked little Sammy what he meant by that.** Yesiree- another living testament to the dangers of our druggie society- a dog becomes a crack-head because the man of the house make it accessible to him- and even the kiddies- meth labs even on wheels, druggies and pimps in the streets and alleys of all our major cities, and now even the Homer and Jethro elements chimes in--wonder what sort of loads the old gent had in his two-holer- both barrels were choked how- and was it a hammer or a hammerless shotgun. Somehow I'm more inclined to think a Hardware Store, or Rears and Sawbuck or Monkey Wards "Nitro Marvel" was the escopeta de nuit--and I'll kick in a few bucks to get that poor dog into a rehab program, so he can start shaggin' the 'yotes on the farm instead of doin' rock or crack cocaine-

*Full of grins and mischief, and in the flower of his
youth, little Sammy and trouble were old friends, but he
always told her the truth.

*"You see, Miss Crabtree, out at the ranch we got this
here low down coyote. The last few nights, he done ate
six hens and killed Ma's best milk goat. Last night,
when Daddy heard a noise out in the chicken pen, he grabbed
his shot gun and said to Ma, "That coyote's
back again, I'm a gonna git him!''**

"Stay back, he whispered to all us kids!">

"He was naked as a jaybird, no boots, no pants, no
shirt! To the hen house he crawled, just like an Injun on
the snoop. Then, he stuck that double barreled 12 gauge
shot gun through the window of the coop."

"As he stared into the darkness, with coyotes on his mind,
our old hound dog, Zeke, had done woke up and comes
sneaking' up behind Daddy. Then, as we all looked on,
plumb helpless, old Zeke stuck his cold nose in
Daddy's crack!"

Miss Crabtree, we all been cleanin' chickens since
three o'clock this mornin'!"

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last Dollar,

I for one will miss you and hope that you don't leave. It's fair to say you have been around the block a few times and I am sure that keith and and his cabal of crazies are not the first thugs you've encountered. You speak sense to their non-sense and retreating only empowers them when they should not be empowered because they do far much more damage to second amendment rights then their worst fears about Obama. keith has nothing left but name calling, whether directed at you, other members or the administration. He lives in that bubble where information and fact are blocked and only spin gets through. At some point he will realize that he's been marginalized and shut up. Or maybe not. That bubble those guys live in is really effective at skewing reality.

Last edited by nca225; 03/10/13 04:38 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hogwash and blather, nca225.

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.