September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (J Scott McCash), 185 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,929
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Well Well:
I for one have been wondering when the likes of nca225 would crawl out from under his rock. Another "non contributor closet gungrabber"trying to derail the quest to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights.
You have NEVER contributed ONE positive thing to this cause. All you do is criticise the ones who do like Keith,Pa24,Dave K etc.
They post facts and well thought out discourses you post well----- this isn't the Misfires area so I'll leave it at that. I would suggest you keep your name calling, racial and ethnic slurs out of the main area here as I suspect Admin. won't have much patience with you.

Dave W:
It would certainly be fine with me(and I expect several others) if you moved this thread into Misfires where it should have been started in the first place. The whining from the gungrabbing dwarfs who infest that area is becomming tedious.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
Last Dollar,

I for one will miss you and hope that you don't leave. It's fair to say you have been around the block a few times and I am sure that keith and and his cabal of crazies are not the first thugs you've encountered. You speak sense to their non-sense and retreating only empowers them when they should not be empowered because they do far much more damage to second amendment rights then their worst fears about Obama. keith has nothing left but name calling, whether directed at you, other members or the administration. He lives in that bubble where information and fact are blocked and only spin gets through. At some point he will realize that he's been marginalized and shut up. Or maybe not. That bubble those guys live in is really effective at skewing reality.

We needed your moral compass, tolerance and confidence before things had gone too far.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Last Dollar,

I for one will miss you

You should go with him nca, there's probably room in his Mexico trailer for you........you don't take up much room mentally or otherwise as I recall.........

Doug

PA24 #317009 03/10/13 05:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24
Last Dollar,

I for one will miss you

You should go with him nca, there's probably room in his Mexico trailer for you........you don't take up much room mentally or otherwise as I recall.........

+2,

been away and thought for a minute the board was taken over by miss teen forum with the "folding up the tent" BS
Geeze LD remember this line ? Godfather 1 aka "1"

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

The last Refuge of the Left - crying Racism. What BS.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That bubble those guys live in is really effective at skewing reality.

The bubble you live in was when you farted in the bathtub.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

And here's a little quote from nca225 from post #307515 on 1/3/13 from the thread "Re: I'm Not"...

"NO F-U your not done you illiterate f#@K. You just quoted exactly what I had said, but you apparently dont understand what OR means. I would of never figured you to be a Clinton disciple but here you are! Is/or, you seem to have a very fluid definition of either. Get yourself some hooked on phonics products and learn how to read and comprehend you dumb piece of shit."

Edited by nca225 (01/03/13 08:49 PM)

For those of you who don't visit Misfires very often, nca225 is a frequent Liberal Obama supporting contributor who recently came out of the closet and admitted his anti-Second Amendment stance. He's one of the anti-gun trolls Jim spoke of, but at least he finally showed his true colors. The quote above was one of several similar replies to me within that same thread. Doesn't sound like the same guy who came here to ask Last Dollar to please stay, does it?

I will disagree with Jim that this should be moved to Misfires. Last Dollar put it here on the front page after all the times he loudly complained that Second Amendment posts here were off topic. He knew he was off topic with this as well. We need to remember that the rules didn't apply to him or folks he agreed with. King Brown can explain that double standard thing better than I. Since LD chose to personally attack me in this "cry for sympathy thread", I'd really like for folks to see posts from the classy and high quality people who are asking LD to stay. Other than a few who have been longtime personal hunting friends of LD, all we've got for cheerleaders is the Rainbow Coalition.

edit: Apologies to my friend James (Canvasback) who reminded me he is not part of the Rainbow Coalition. But we already knew that!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Keith, I asked him to stay, not because I'm an old hunting buddy of LD but because I like looking at the pictures he posts of recently caught and soon to be eaten fish. Especially when it's something stupid like minus 20 up here in the Great White North.

Hope that doesn't mean you think I've switched sides and joined the Rainbow Coalition. Although I may if they start admitting advocates of small, fiscally conservative governments that spend money carefully, believe they have an obligation to serve their constituents, support strong property rights and believe in the Constitution of the United States. Oh snap, I'm not American. Ignore that last part.

But I won't be holding my breath.

In all seriousness though, and perhaps it's just me but I like it when Dave in Maine, nca255, Gnomon and the rest post on here.

I like it better when the foolishness or hypocrisy of their positions is clearly revealed when subsequent posters, yourself included, take them to task and dissect their position. I mean, if we can't do that, maybe our positions shouldn't be so firmly held. Their usual inability to cogently respond to a challenge to their beliefs ( i say beliefs, because they operate from a position of faith, rather than truth ) reminds me I'm most often on the side of truth.

I believe firmly in both the idea and actuality of free speech. This leads me to the old rights and responsibilities issue. I like our right to free speech. I therefore have a responsibility to allow others the same opportunity to exercise their right of free speech, no matter how stupid or repugnant. I also, and this may just be a personal peccadillo, feel like I have a responsibility to sift through the shit and try to discern if there is anything worth keeping.

IMHO, we shouldn't be driving them away with relentless personal attacks, we should be destroying their positions. We should be making it clear to anyone who takes the time to read these threads that there are curtain ideas put forward by a few members here that, if I'm being generous, are ill considered. And if I'm being more blunt, are either stupid or disingenuous.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

James, As you know, I haven't forced anyone out. Last Dollar seems to have bagged up his marbles and went home in a huff and hissy-fit over something that was more innocuous than many of his posts. He probably expected more sympathy than he's getting. Sorry if I inadvertantly included you in the Rainbow Coalition... collateral damage I guess, since I know you are light years away from being an extreme leftist liberal. I edited my last post to reflect that. I too enjoyed a lot of Last Dollars fish pictures, and I even liked the baseball bat with sights and tactical grip. I just thought it was very hypocritical for him to post that just days after leaving after another tantrum, and right after he whined about Jim's Second Amendment thread. It was more of that double standard thing that King can explain to you across the frozen tundra. I always pulled my punches with LD because he was a Lefever guy and I figured he couldn't be all that bad. But that kinda went out the window after he crossed a line with me. I guess I'm really out of the will now!

I'm not here to infringe upon anyone's free speech. Only our Site Adinistrator can do that, and Dave gives us a pretty wide berth. We also have the right to not read things we don't like, and the power to not cry like little girls. Most of us, anyway. He could have used the Ignore function or just pretended to ignore me like Gnomoron and King do, while still hurling insults and innuendo in the third person under the guise of faux civility. And dishonesty is still not civility in my book. I sometimes visit a Volkswagen TDI (turbo diesel) forum, and just the mere mention that you can use Mobil 1 synthetic oil in a TDI will get you a severe profanity and insult laced rebuke from the Administrator before he unceremoniously banishes you. This is childs play here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ahhh, Keith. You make me smile. What are you thinking....Mobil 1 in a TDI. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the silver Passat W8 wagon back from my ex. She thinks I bought it for her. Best sleeper I ever had. Eight cylinders that rev freely to a 7500 rpm redline. Drove it out to my hunting lodge one year at 150 mph, once I got out of radar alley on Hwy 1 heading west out of Winnipeg. It was so bland, even the cars that saw me didn't notice.

Speaking of my ex, perhaps I am advancing this point because I've become used to biting my tongue at the civil yet utterly dishonest drivel that comes my way from her. But I do it for a good reason. It's the right thing to do for my boy.

And while this may seem like a stretch for some, I think the same approach would be valuable here. It's not that I accept any of her lies, doublespeak or misinformation. She gets called on them all. But it's without rancour and once each bit of BS has been put to rest, it's dropped and she has a chance, although I know it will never happen, to start fresh and get it right each time she opens her yap to me.

I keep a smile on my face and truth in my heart. I discredit today's bullshit today and then move on, hoping but not expecting, that one day, in the face of relentless accuracy, she will see the error of her ways ( the trying to lie to me part ) and make a change for the better. The only thing i demand is that she be the best mother she can be. I am suggesting we take the same approach here.

You say it's child's play here compared to other on-line communities. I wouldn't know as this and gunnutz are the only forums I frequent. Most of my time spent on forums is spent here. So this is the one I care about.

I am not suggesting we give the lies a pass. Just that we focus on discrediting the post (assuming we are able to) not the poster and then move on.

And finally, to those who might be bothered by the various non gun issues raised in this post, I don't care. The selective whining that goes on about that is consistently the silliest thing about this forum.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/11/13 08:34 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.