Ken:
I think most of the time when we look back in time we compress it and things were not as connected real time as we would think them to be. I performed a search independent of this thread,

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=255451&page=2

& I still think WR & AF were very, very chummy, so in my mind all info points to AF as being the location for the A&D satellite stamping station. I would say that AF collected the protection schillings, but that is wild conjecture. I too wonder how chummy AF & Charles Daly might have been and if AF gave Daly a set of stamps for H.A. Lindner to use. Say he prepaid for 1000 units, or made monthly installments, would one not think that he was entitled to a set of stamps?

Will have to look to see if A&D hauling anyone into court outside of Britain. I don't think there to be many German examples that wear the A&D APUN outside of H.A. Lindner. I would say that the patentee sought protection in the countries where the his design was being peddled and drag the retailer into court. He should have deeper pockets than the actual mechanics.

Unkleb,

I believe a stab at the craftsman EW can be made & it may be that Georg Lindner was the one sourcing all the effort and facilitating the shipment to S,D&G. Can you provide an image of the area from the flats to the forend hanger?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse