September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (NTaxiarchis, 375whelenIMP, Replacement, Argo44, 3 invisible), 319 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,882
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken Nelson
Foxy,

Having hired and fired numerous people of the vocation listed in your profile (retired welder), I have never witnessed any speak like you....
Could it be your obscuring your true profession which is ????????

Something to do with litigation perhaps???? smile

Best regards,
Ken
Very astute observation. Many gentlemen here have commented on my tendency to be a tad verbose at times, and they are right. When I was about 16, a distant family relative suggested I go to college and then on to law school and after passing the bar exams, "hang out my shingle"- Not that I was smart, but loquacious. I am, and always have been, an avid reader, I am fairly fluent in two other languages, and am studying Italian with the Rosetta stone program.

I am observant, and try to remember my Grandfather's advice about keeping your mind sharp, just as a carpenter would a chisel or plane. I have excellent hand-to-eye co-ordination and like my late Grandfather and Father, enjoy working with my hands, whether using a chain saw to trim trees or a Brown & Sharpe micrometer to gauge a piece of steel--

But as I view lawyers, even the infamous Philly variety, with the same disdain I have for politicians and child molesters, there is no way in Hell I would ever wish to be a lawyer!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Many of us know by empirical methods that you are crazy as a junebug. This thread and your posts prove it. You are a certified nut case as we all have known for years. I am trying to meet a neighbor who shares my interests and you post this? You are an absolute jackass. Does your wife know you behave like this when you are on the computer?
Tell you what, Mr. Murphy- out of respect for the Ladies, let's leave the distaff side out of what you trying to provoke with me here. It won't work, I am a fast learner, and I am not going to be baited into being banned here by your untoward verbiage. I will say, however, that your words about the late Mr. Austin Hogan were indeed, well said. Let's both quit this potential "pissin contest" and not further sully the DoubleGunShoppe BBS- Y quizas, requerdo bien aqui esta palabras de Don Cervantes: "No arrenas en el agua alreadedor, porque usted habe de bebero lo en otra dia!""

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.