June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
8 members (azgreg, James Flynn, bushveld, KY Jon, Ducks Rx, 1 invisible), 397 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,615
Posts547,011
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Its engraving was more of the RBL ilk and less of the Rose and Scroll like on the A10. This gun had 28's which felt perfect. I think 30's would look ungainly on such a diminuative gun (its compact). I think the world's gone barrel crazy for long tubes on a field gun

Best way to describe it is McKay Brown size

-Clif Watkins

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Clif

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doverham, the Galazan Inverness is not "like" a Rizzini, it "is" a Rizzini. However, under the program, you can buy the Galazan gun for less. What really is the price of a Rizzini Inverness compared to the Galazan introductory price?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Doverham, the Galazan Inverness is not "like" a Rizzini, it "is" a Rizzini. However, under the program, you can buy the Galazan gun for less. What really is the price of a Rizzini Inverness compared to the Galazan introductory price?

Me thinkng the same thing, I notice some of the references to the Rizzini disappearing from the CSMC site. No harm no foul really as long as they don't try to say its an all new design or go haywire on the price. The Dallas Safari gun was very nice

-Clif Watkins

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CSMC lists 4 Inverness models on their website - 3 in 12 ga. and one 28 ga. To my eye, the CSMC model would seem to most closely resemble the most expensive Rizzini model, listed at $6685.

Round Body Deluxe Small Action

There appear to be some discrepancies in CSMC various Rizzini listings on their website - there is at least one reference to a 20 ga. Inverness they are selling as a Rizzini currently:

20 ga. Rizzini Inverness

Last edited by Doverham; 01/16/12 11:27 PM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't handled the new gun, but a couple of differences stand out in the photo. Rizzinis, like many Italian guns, have very obvious sleeve seams. Those do not appear on the photo of the CSMC version. The Rizzini also uses a safety barrel selector. Photos don't show the same design on the CSMC. The frame sculpting is also different. Obviously, I haven't seen the actual action mechanism to see whatever differences may exist - but I would guess no one else has either?

CSMC is going into production on this gun, and my impression talking to them was that it was not merely an assembly operation of imported Itallian parts. Assuming it is only functionally a clone, then I assume they have a production licensing agreement with Rizzini?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't that a seam visible on the close up photo showing rib features, extending to gap in the forend fit?

Reference is to photos in an Inverness thread on the www.uplandjournal.com site. Photos are from a Galazan email, don't know if these are all on the CSMC website.

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 01/17/12 09:48 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Clif W.

I handled the exact gun in the ad at the Dallas Safari Show and it was sweet. However the only way I'd play up front is if they'd give me the Show gun right then and there. Bananas on waiting for Tony to make my discounted order 1-2 years from now

I'm finding it interesting that in Tony's e-mail offering to me and looking at Galazans web site there is no mention of a wait time for these guns. If you take their advertizing at face value you could assume that if you ordered one today, it could be shipped to you tomorrow.

I'm fairly sure this isn't the case, but I have made notice that they didn't make any delivery promises one way or another. Galazans has a track record of taking orders for their guns and then taking several months or longer to fill those orders. As an example: they offered Parker/repro replacement barrels could be ordered if paid in full. These barrels are now starting to be delivered, but it has been in excess of three years since the initial orders were made and the customers money sent to Galazan.

I'm not saying this will be the case with the Inverness. My opinion is you should just make sure you ask questions about delivery times before you tie-up your money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful gun! I much prefer this over the Rizzini Roudbody. Very nice indeed!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Adam

I have to admit, I was bowled over by it, it was nice. Love the wood on the Show gun. I think I'd rather take the punishment and give them $1000 down and forgoe the pay up front discount

Its not like I don't have anything to shoot wink

-Clif Watkins

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.