September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (J.B.Patton, Birdog, Lloyd3, Gerry Addison, 2 invisible), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,883
Posts550,430
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ginger was a bimbo....
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mrs. Howell (Then I could have what ever sxs and type of stock I wanted.)

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

I prefer the pistol grip myself. I suspect Ginger would prefer the POW and Mary Ann would prefer the straight grip.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple of the more important things about straight grips has not been mentioned and that is the cross section and the diameter. I find that a diamond shaped cross section [actually generally a bit more oval than a true diamond, but still with four sides in a manner of speaking] makes a considerable difference in the feel of the gun and as have small hands to begin with also causes the gun to be firmly grasped. Larger diameter roundish cross section straight grips do not often have that same magic lively, but confident feel to them. I think the size of one's hands comes into play as much or more than anything else when it comes to grip preference. Shooting style also can be a factor, for the classic form of touchng off the shot just as the butt touches the shoulder, a straight grip may prove to hold a slight advantage. Just some thots is all.

Some o' you guys musta grown up near a TV rather than a radio. I don't know either of those young women, but I remember what the door opening on Inter-Sanctum sounded like and it always made my hair stand up. Today, I associate that same noise with Jimmy's opening one of those old guns of his ... ever so carefully. :p

Sidelock
Sidelock

Those women were young...about 40 years ago!
Best,
Ted
PS Could there be a worse picture of the two of them?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.