Originally Posted By: ChiefAmungum
Lloyd3,

I would pull the trigger assembly out and clean/check/lightly oil. Again based on the 37 being very similar I would suppose that the bolt moving back across the hammer is what resets the trigger against spring tension.

I've never seen a Rem 17 in the flesh, only external pics of them. I think weak extraction was covered in a prior post? If you disassemble the action could you post pics?

Good luck!

The Remington 17 and the 37 are very similar-however, there is zero parts interchange on the two models. The stock has to be removed on either gun to remove the trigger assembly, and, Chief is correct, the bolt clearing the chamber and moving back resets the hammer.

The model 17 has an interrupter that keeps the gun from "slam firing" a lá a model 12. A model 37 can be equipped with one of three different triggers, a unit that functions the same as the model 17, a trigger that will slam fire, or a third design that keeps a slam fire from happening, but, differently than the model 17 trigger.

I think you are at a point where you have to decide to keep the gun, and massage the warts down, or return it-I wouldn't want anybody talking the stock off a gun I sold them prior to returning it to me.

If it were me, I'd keep it. If you decide you don't want it down the road, they sell pretty quickly, and I wouldn't mind knowing first if you go that route.

Keep us posted, anyway.

Best,
Ted