June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 360 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,612
Posts546,977
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
I was at a Cabela's... once.

Right after they built the huge store in Dundee, I was passing by and in the market for a dog training collar.

The store had been open just a few months.

A very knowledgeable guy helped me select the correct product from a large selection. He spent about 20 minutes with me.

Took item up front to pay for it. There was ONE checkout open of the approximately 12 they had built. The line was 8 people deep.

So, I left.

I went home and ordered online from Gundog Supply. The same item was on my doorstep two days later - ten bucks cheaper and no sales tax.

I'm not defending Cabelas, but you must recognize that you would not have had the benefit of "A very knowledgeable guy helped me select the correct product from a large selection. He spent about 20 minutes with me." if your purchase had been entirely online. You got something of value. The online seller didn't have to staff his business with salespeople such as this.

I would say it's not a problem to save $10 per transaction if you don't have the personnel expense.

Curl

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi all, well looks like I'm going to be the odd man out here. In my experience I've had good luck with Cabela's. We don't have a store here and the closest is about 4 hours away, so I've had to deal with them on the phone or e-mail. Every time I've called or e-mailed they have either returned my call or e-mail within a day. I called once to one of the G.L. and the fellow had to get the gun and asked for my phone number so he could get the gun and go over it with me. He said, let's do this on the stores dime. Got the call within 10 min. and he was sorry it took so long. He knew what he was talking about also. I've had a couple folks who were a bit lacking in knowledge, but they went and asked their boss or whoever to get the answer.

I've bought a few guns from them and I will say that they did deal and the price I paid was a fair, not great but fair. The shipping and transaction went smooth as silk. Did have to return a gun (on their dime BTW, they paid return shipping) no questions asked. Took a while to get my refund, but they said it would take a while Even cancelled a deal after I sent the payment, again no questions asked and got my check back.

So for me, I've had good experiences with them. Far more good than bad.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hoof,
I've always had good experiences at Cabela's. You just had the misfortune of phoning a..., jeez what's the word... I believe here in Texas we call them a$$holes, I don't know what you call them where you live. Unfortunately, they're everywhere and it's up to you not to let their poor behavior get you down. Report this one to management and move on.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had great experiences with Cabelas. I do not call big stores, except on rare occasions, since the odds of getting an idiot on the line is high and I expect the answer to my inquiry to be wrong. On the other hand:

I bought a used gun for under a thousand dollars from the South Dakota Store last fall. When I had a chance to shoot it 6 weeks later it doubled. On the suggestion of a friend, I called the store's gun library and told them of the problem. He looked up my name and the purchase and said he would call back in a couple of hours. No questions asked. He called back in two hours, told me to send the gun to Midwest Gun Works, gave me the contact info and said they would pay for the repairs. When the gun was repaired two months later I got an email from Midwest to have Cabelas call them. I got a different person on the phone at Cabelas but they called and arranged payment directly with Midwest. I got the gun in a week. First time out it doubled. I called Midwest Gun Works and they sent me a pick up call for UPS and apologized. I got the gun back in six weeks fixed this time. All great service and concern from both companies. I think much more highly of Cabels's than I did in the past. Sometimes the price is higher than other places but there is a lot of comfort knowing they stand behind what they sell. I was pleased with Midwest also and would use them again.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

In a lot of stores what is being offered online is not necessarily stocked in their brick and mortar store and that goes for a lot of retailers and not just Cabela’s. I just go online and order then I select “in store” pick up. They notify me when it comes in. But, dealing with the public ain’t easy a lot of times salesman have their bad days also.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple of weeks ago I called the local Gander Mountain, went through the phone menu and finally got a guy in firearms. I asked if they had 16 gauge loads, 1oz, #7-1/2s or #8s, 2-1/2DE. After three back and forth parries during which he he thrice invited me to drive out he walked the twenty steps to the shotgun shell rack, perused it, and informed me that they didn't.

I believe the Gander salesman was just lazy.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Treebark camo caps with gold Cabela's stitched logo?

Yep, buddy, we got 'em!

Easy call response... even for an idiot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had the opposite experience dealing with the Kansas City Cabela's. I called them, he went out and looked. Then told me the answer and then told me he put the case of shells aside for me but I had only two days to pick it up or they would need to put it back out. I joked with him a bout .22 but did not ask for him to put any aside. When I got to Cabela's a few hours later behind the counter was the case of shells and some .22 ammo.

I am not a regular customer there. I can say good things on this one.

I understand that they get intense traffic and I can see why some locations are afraid to answer stocking questions as many types of ammo fly off the shelf and they do not want to be accused lying when you get there and they are sold out.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GaryW
Kari McCormick, who used to work for B&P USA is now with a new company and will be importing B&P shotshells. The company is Aerostar Global Logistics and her first shipments of shells are on the way. Email is: k.mccormick@aerostarglobal.com

Kaltron Outdoors (the old company) is still importing B&P ammunition and are the owners of the on-line sales site we have been familiar with for several years.

Supposedly, competition is good, so another player in the import business may be good for us who use the B&P line.

bc
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

For a chain as large as they are, they do a pretty good job. Not perfect and not every employee is an expert on everything, but what do you expect really? As for the lazy guy who answered the phone fielding your ammo inquiry, there is no excuse for that type of behavior. On guns......deals are where you find them and I found my best buy ever at Cabela's.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.