The barrels on a Darne slug gun are regulated to 55 yards. I found it interesting that the customer who ordered the single one I sold was asked to specify what chokes he wanted (Darne slug guns are considerd true dual purpose guns) and after the chokes were cut, the gun was regulated.
The gun was equipped with a folding leaf rear sight, and a partridge bead on a ramp in the front. When fired with Federal slugs (it had been regulated with Federal slugs, in France, if I recall correctly) the black center of the target had two holes that looked like a pair of eyes looking back at you. It handled fine birdshot very well out to about 35-40 yards.
Yes, the barrels had to converge to do that at 55yards. At longer ranges, the slugs would have eventually crossed paths
Wes Gilpin owned a similar Darne slug gun that was a much higher grade. He used his for sea ducks, and had a detachable claw mount scope mount made up here it the states to mount a 4X scope. He used the gun setup in this fashion to take deer and pigs. After Wes died, his gun came to live in Minnesota, and the owner made contact with me, but we haven't had a chance to get together with the gun.
I assumed that regulating a slug gun would be about like regulating a double rifle, but, the maker told me it was pretty easy in comparison. I took him at his word on it.

Best,
Ted