September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (battle, ratt), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,905
Posts550,609
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would return the shotgun for a refund if I didn't get what I ordered.

However, I was under the impression when I ordered (I ordered real early) that guns that were not ordered with the long tang option were going to be plain PG or possibly POW. So, I ordered the long tang option.

Capt. O J Chartrand Jr
Adventure Guide Service
www.adventureguideservice.com
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

in there ad the 8th line under the headline "standard features" says
"straight grip or pistol grip with metal cap". this is in the Inverness headline catalog.my impression is they offered the cap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was also under the impression that the capped pistol cap only came with the long tang.

khanh Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had to learn English as a third language but I think I have a pretty good grasp of the language and its nuances. "Straight grip or pistol grip with metal cap" as a standard feature is pretty specific and rather descriptive. I find it difficult to interpret it any other way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, CSMC seems to agree, seeing as they've now changed it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

certainly understanding your concern. Not sticking up for Galazan. But many companies have in their catalog and or their website site a disclaimer that states "prices and specifications subject to change without notice"

Not sure if that is stated on their website or catalog.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with a number of posts here.... I will not do any business with him...he had advertised that his show room was open on Saturdays...three of us drive 3 hours and nobody there....yes...we should have called, but the doors were locked. They tell me the next day...tough , they had a show that day. So he does not make enough money to have someone manning the showroom as he advertised everywhere and in shoot journals.....the bait and switch on this is obvious....if I want any accessories I will go to Jeffs Outfitters, same stuff, better prices and much better customer service...you can even speak with Jeff himself.... Anthony's guns are all over priced. I sold my RBL launch , not because it was not a good gun...it is.....but bough a better Grant to replace it. Just my take on this business. You should get what they advertise...period for the money you are spending. Why are there so many of his guns on the secondary market in Guns international?

This guy thinks, as the " great American Gun maker".. He will dish it out and all of us will simply have to take it....and we will!....this kind if thing WILL have an effect in the future....it always does.

Last edited by Condor; 06/20/13 10:37 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
But many companies have in their catalog and or their website site a disclaimer that states "prices and specifications subject to change without notice"

Well, yes, but that disclaimer goes out the window once they cash your check on an order form that states you are getting the grip cap as a standard item. You ordered the gun with the grip cap, they cashed your check, they owe you the grip cap. They have the option to decline the order when they receive it, if they don't want to provide the grip cap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Well, yes, but that disclaimer goes out the window once they cash your check on an order form that states you are getting the grip cap as a standard item.

That is the nub of it - once you pay, there are contract implications, and a generally published statement should not override a paid for order. If you take that one step further, that means CSMC could increase the price after you PIF. Imagine receiving this letter: "The gun that you paid for has gone up in price $500 since we received your payment. We will deliver your gun upon receipt of further payment." A little more extreme, perhaps, but the same idea. PIF obligates them to deliver the gun you paid for, plain and simple.

Not a criticism, but this is a good reminder that a written order with all relevant specs when buying a new gun is a very good idea. There are more than a few stories out there (particularly involving Spanish guns) of something different from the original order being delivered. That happened to me recently - it was made right after 4 months, but it involved returning the gun and I am back to square one a year later.

Last edited by Doverham; 06/21/13 07:55 AM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
GF1 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The bunch at Galazan/CSMC, including Tony Galazan, put me off many years ago at the big Las Vegas show.

Not much was going on at their table, and I was ready w/ cash in my jeans to order one of their M21s. They couldn't be bothered with me, I had to work to get them to show me a gun, got the clear impression my business did not matter to them.

Not far away was Don Criswell, who got my business on a nice gun.

I'd like to believe that CSMC is the second coming of the American gun making business, but my experience and some of these more recent tales lead me to believe otherwise. Don't believe this zebra will change his stripes; I hope I am wrong.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.