June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (Wild Skies, prairie ghost, SKB, 2 invisible), 191 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,630
Posts547,156
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've been waiting to post this story until I had my money back. Has anyone else experienced this?

In the begining of the March, I bought a used Sterlingworth 16 ga., 28", described as "AH Fox Sterlingworth 16ga 28” double trigger, extra straight grip. 50% case color, 98% blue wood finish and checkered side panels. Philadelphia Pa gun. Very clean very tight." Asked questions prior to purchase which confirmed the description. Payed the too high price on the hopes that this truly was such a clean gun. The gun arrived and while the CC and Blue were good, the barrels had a very dull ring, and there was a sliver of wood about 1.5" long and 1/8" wide missing from the side of the trigger guard next to the serial number. So back it went to CSMC.

The frustrating part of the story is that the gun arrived at CSMC on the 16th, it took them until the 22nd to credit my card, during which I called every other day and was told that accounting had my paperwork and was "processing it". The money did not post to my account until today. I have made many purchases and returns with credit cards and have never experienced such a delay, with either the seller or VISA. Has anyone else had this happen?

Overall I was unimpressed with their service, before, during, and after the sale. It sure as heck didnt take 6 days for them to take my money when I bought the gun. Beware! Hopefully this post will save someone else from this experience!

Tom

Sidelock
Sidelock

The 16th to the 22nd is only 4 working days. That doesn't sound out of line to me at all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

While I think that it is a bummer that the gun was not what you expected and you may have invested in shipping costs to find out I don't think that there is much more of a story here. The gun arrived on a friday. Within three business days your money was credited to your card. Not exactly great on the part of CSMC considering the the gun, from your description, was not as described. I am more concerned that the gun was so different from the description than the fact the it took longer than you wanted to return the money.

Bill G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So I guess the sliver of wood was the 2% difference from 100%wood..? Curious what was the asking price?

I wouldn't make such a big deal of the 4 working days to effect the fund return as it's not an unreasonable amount of time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is annoying when a gun arrives and is not as you would have wished or hoped it might be.

Still, you got to have a look, return it because it was not to your liking and got your money back in what I would consider reasonable time.

This doesn't seem much of a scandal to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3146

I don't know if your complaint is that the gun was less than described or that it took some time to refund your money, but here's a thread from 16ga.com about another gun from Galazan that the purchaser felt was not as described.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I put a $1k deposit on a RBL in Sept 05. In Jan, I called and asked for a cancellation and refund. It took a week or so, but I got a refund check with interest in the mail. What retail biz do you know that would do that?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I must say that although I was slightly disappointed in the RBL, maybe due to my own unreasonable expectations, their followup on a damage to the forend wood (which turned out to be my fault)was incredible. They made a new forend with no questions asked and rather quickly. They are stand up guys and I would guess they are overwhelmed on many fronts, probably never expecting to sell so many RBLs that overloaded all the facets of their business. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. If it was a used gun, I would spend a lot of time on the phone with them before deciding to buy. They are putting the price on the gun and quickly racking it and advertising it. They are not looking it over in enough detail. I am sure they will catch up and this will be a thing of the past.

For those of you who missed my last warning:

When putting the forearm on the barrels before placing it in the case it is easy to not line up the forearm in the right place (It should not be a problem when the barrels are on the action) which causes the little ears of wood at the rear of the forearm to hit the barrel flat and chip it off.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

I purchased and returned a used gun from Galazan's this month and my credit card was credited 6 business days after the gun was returned. Cabella's takes about the same amount of time on gun returns. I think your money is safe with Galazans, but a faster refund would be nice.
The gun I purchased was not up to my expectations, I felt the discription was inaccurate. It is never a problem returning a gun to Galazans no questions asked and that is a good thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yoos guys all bragin about gettin yor money back from CSM-why that aint nothin! I once got my money back from New England Arms! --apples H

h
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.