September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (Der Ami, Argo44, Birdog, CJ Dawe, J.B.Patton, bushveld, 2 invisible), 247 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,884
Posts550,433
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

my policy covers both my guns and my clients guns and I have been paid out twice on two large claims, both of which involved client guns. No issues at all.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

jeff: I have been selling on the internet since 1997. and I have found selling on the internet to be a wonderful thing. however, as a new seller, without feedback, you will not attract many retail buyers, unless you agree to accept escrow service for payment...once you establish a track record as a trust worthy person, then use of an escrow service should not be necessary. however, a guarantee to accept returns for items not found to be as advertised is always recommended for maximum selling success... good luck to you.

Last edited by ed good; 07/27/13 01:10 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
however, a guarantee to accept returns for items not found to be as advertised is always recommended for maximum selling success... good luck to you.

You didn't offer me that on the BSS a couple years ago, Ed. I specifically asked you for a three-day inspection and you said "no".

Was it something I said ?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

stan: did you buy a browning bss from me? sorry, I do not remember our dealings a couple of years ago...in any event, I never have offered a three day inspection option on the items I sell...sounds like you still have an issue? if so, and you need to discuss it after two years of time going by, I guess you should contact me privately at gded14@yahoo.com.

Sidelock
Sidelock

...sounds like you still have an issue? if so, and you need to discuss it after two years of time going by, I guess you should contact me privately at gded14@yahoo.com.

Sounds to me like Stan is curious about the disconnect in the advice you are giving this gentlemen versus what you actually practice. You know, the old "Do as I say, not as I do" bit.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/27/13 02:16 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My only interest is to let the potential customers know that your "guarantee to accept returned items" is not the same as an inspection period.

Just curious, Ed, what is your reason for not offering a three day inspection, like most all reputable dealers do ?

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

mike: there is no disconnect here that I can see. perhaps you will elaborate?

Sidelock
Sidelock

mike: there is no disconnect here that I can see. perhaps you will elaborate?

I certainly will. The following is a post from the "For Sale" section of this BBS, that you posted just a few minutes ago. Note the part where you say how nice it is that sellers on GA.com provide a three day inspection period, "from a buyers' perspective".

"one of the nice things about gunauction.com from a buyers perspective, is that all sellers are required to provide an unconditional three day inspection return option to the buyer. so, if an item has major flaws not detailed in the description the buyer can always send it back for a full refund.

however, it does seems rude and inappropriate to post negative information about an item for sale that under minds the sellers ability to sell an item for its maximum value.
and the fact that the proceeds from the auction are being donated to the nra makes it even more objectionable...and then to suggest the seller is lying about his merchandise is really absurd! did anyone check the sellers feedback?"

Just not from a seller's perspective, huh Ed ? Your credibility rating here is zilch.

My apologies for stepping in, Mike. I know you don't need my help, but this just couldn't go unmentioned.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

stan: to say that most reputable dealers offer a three day inspection is an assumption on your part that is not necessarily true.

and, the offer of an unconditional return policy may result in some unintended consequences. such as:

- damage of the item in return shipping.
- loss of selling time while item is going back and forth.
- loss of value to the item due to theft of parts.
- loss of selling time due to buyer remorse.
- loss of consigner faith in sellers marketing ability.

as with any business transaction there has to be mutual trust and good will or it will not work. buying a firearm site unseen can sometimes be difficult and often impossible for some folks due to their lack of confidence and willingness to take risks. lots of positive feedback for both buyer and seller is the best confidence builder I know of.

Sidelock
Sidelock

stan: i have tried to respond to your questions as directly and honestly as i can. i have asked you a few questions which you choose not to answer. unfortunately you seem to jumping around with no apparent coherent purpose. as a result i am loosing patience with all of this. if you and others do not care for my business practices, then by all means do not purchase my merchandise.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.