May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hammergun, cpa, Borderbill, 3 invisible), 499 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,549
Posts546,222
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Idea is that both guns will kill a bird. You are not comparing apples to apples, but function to function. Why pay more for something that does the exact same job, unless it has other unquantified assets, like beauty,or Grace?

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe my comments were poorly stated. All I am saying is the gun has generated alot of controversy - I was sincere when I said I was not trying to be judgemental on any of the commentary that has been made over time on the RBL.

Ted: I think this was a great idea for a thread - trying to understand why people have bailed. Who knows when I get mine it could end up for sale if the cosmetics are as poor as some here feel they are. I started a separate topic on hunting with the things.

Chicago (Mike)

Sidelock
Sidelock

The merkel model 8 was all of that for less than 1/3 of an RBL but, sadly, no longer imported.

I find it interesting how so many here brush off the $3k price tag as though it were to chump change. Lot of folks that I would consider high rollers here. It's "only" a $3k gun?

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chicago, I think you have done a great job in your comments. Please don't misunderstand the RBL looks like a fine gun. When I was in college I broke up with a girl and to console myself I bought a Browning Citori. (I guess I should break up more often, but now I'm married, she'd take half). Anyhow, I was in hog heaven. As I got older and saw other guns I came to realize that eventhough the Citori is a nice gun, it had plain-jane wood and rolled engraving and a nice, wide monoblock seam. I came to desire finer finished firearms. I think a lot of the guys on this board own a lot of guns and the thought of another regular shotgun doesn't interest them. They are looking for something special and when the RBL didn't live up to the hype they lost interest. If you don't like your RBL, don't fire it, send it back and they will refund your money.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Improved Mod: Thanks for thoughts and I sure understand the "getting older" part. I too lust for finer guns, but I generally have a hard time parting with the dollars. Happens on occassion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm only 35, I hope I'm not in the "Old Fart" class yet. Good luck on your RBL.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It could be that many of the NIB/unfired RBLs that have gone 'on sale' were specifically purchased on speculation to be sold as soon as they were delivered to take advantage of the 'frustrating' backlog and all the early RBL hype...???
Many guys don't test-drive new guns.....they just like to make a easy/quick buck.........

TJC Offline

I didn't see the early RBLs but did see many pics of them and thought long and hard about getting one. I wasn't in the market for a 20ga gun at the time so I eventually passed on ordering.
As recently as 3 weeks ago I saw one in a high end shop near me for sale. Not sure it is was unfired, I believe it was by the appearance and price. I think the asking price was $3995.
I have to tell ya, it didn't impress me. The wood to metal finish on the stock to receiver was not great and the butt plate looked like it was glued on and had a gap between the wood and the plate.
Not what I would want spending the $$ for one.

A bad day of hunting is better than a good day of working.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Try good 'ole Browning Double Automatic, or Franchi 48AL w/mod choking, you might even like it! Why this infatuation with SxS action type?

Sidelock
Sidelock

What do engineers say, "the less moving parts the more reliable the machine"
Is three shots that much better than two???
In the field I can ensure complete safety of the firearm without unloading, can a pump or an autoloader???
All the best

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.