[/quote]

That's pretty funny- I rather like the wood on mine, it does not have a cheek piece (nor was it an option at the time), no ejectors is a big plus in my book, and it cost less than 1/3 of the RBL. But I'd buy an RBL if wanted a new gun. I'd have to shave down those forearms and have it recheckered, but otherwise,they look quite nice. I cannot see why people rag on them so.

Brent
[/quote]

Brent,
I think people "rag on them so" because to some people, the RBL was hyped up just a little too much out of the gate. I think some people are starting to see the light. The RBL is a nice gun, but it isn't more than what it really is, a $2500 gun. Now with that said, you can buy a used shotgun for $2500 that, if made now, would cost you close to $5k to 10k in todays money. With superior fit and finish than any RBL. Thats where my money will go. When the RBL was first announced, I went to the bank, got a money order and was ready to phone in my order to CSMC. That same day I came across one of the prettiest guns I've ever seen, a pristine condition 12 bore Manufrance Ideal with finely executed English style scroll engraving (hand cut), fantastic well figured French walnut stocks, etc. The cost of that gun was $2500. If that Manufrance was made today, there would be no way I could afford a gun of that high quality, were talking a minimum of 5 digit price tag. Another example, I just finished a Cogswell & Harrison project. The Coggie was made in 1908, I had it re-stocked (to my dimensions), the engraving recut, the metal finished, etc. and the total cost was almost identical to a new RBL with a option or two....I think the Coggie is a far superior to the RBL, in looks, handling dynamics, and it comes from a firm with a storied history. The point is, there are better deals out there. But if you want a RBL, go for it and be happy with it!!!!

If you like the wood on your Model 8, fantastic! I'm just saying that Model 8's...even some 47E's came with some very straight grained, plain jane wood. I can care less about ejectors too, I have some guns with them, some guns without them. IMO, its just something else to break eventually.
Have you seen the prices on Model 8's lately? They are going up fast. Check out the Model 8 at the "Collectors Firearms" website. Not much of a price difference from a RBL :-(

Dustin

Last edited by LeFusil; 04/01/07 12:09 PM.