I thot the original question was pretty much covered in the title. I can see no reason not to have such an event if there is sufficiant interest. I suspect many here beyond those that have spoken to this thread have & use or did use a pump of one sort or another at some point in time or still do. An additional 'event' takes nothing away from anyone. I would liken it to an ATA [Down the Line] shoot for lack of a better example where there are typically three events, 16 yd., handicap & doubles. If you don't wish to shoot one of them no one cares in the least. Why make an issue of an honest question posed by a standup guy?

Jent's format sounds like fun, but I'm sure there could be variants and the non players would find something to complain about there too. That is not being said to 'pick' on anyone, rather a simple observation. Let up guys! Mr. Buck's inquiry sounds like nothing more than an opportunity to have a bit more fun at a venue w/people we share common ground and interest with.

I guess if there were sufficient interest/demand [which there isn't, far as I can tell] Dave could be petitioned to create a specific forum for 'others'. As it is we have gleaned some interesting information from time to time from members here regarding both cartridges, their development and other 'skinny' from what originated as a 'pump gun' inquiry. Personally, I can't thank people like researcher & others adequately for their willingness to share both their personal knowledge and their archived information.

A pump gun event only sounds like an opportunity for a bit more fun for those attending these get togethers of shotgun enthuiasts. I'd go so far as to say that I'd bet if you do not own one & wished to shoot that another shooter would be happy to have you shoot theirs.

Just my thots.

Kind regards, tw

Last edited by tw; 09/22/13 11:39 PM. Reason: correction 'G' to 'J' w/apology