I don't understand you guys, we talk about how good or bad the new Turkish built guns are, we complain about the demise of the Japanese built doubles, Browning BSS and all, and yet we have doubles being built right here in this country for a reasonable price. The Ruger red label is an excellant choice and offered in all bores, except the 16, I think I can live without a 16 gauge because they build a 28, and a nice one at that at 6 1/2 lbs. Ruger offers the Gold Label a sweet little number and now we have the RBL!!! These are all American built and by that I mean they are built strong and can withstand anything you want to dish out to them just like the old Parkers and Sweet Elsies and Dan Lefevers!!! Now granted they are not works of art like an English/Italian game gun but they can take anything you want to stuff down their tubes and for a lot less!!!
We will never have the "Golden Age" back the pumps and autoloaders did them in as well as give us government regulation, game commissions and daily bag limits!! That's about all J Browning and his crew did for us if you think about it!!!
But we have enough to satisfy even the most demanding of shotgunners, and if you want a work of art buy a new M21 or Fox from CSMC!!!
All the best