1.Westley Richards corrected the issue with loss of the bottom plate on hand detachable boxlocks long ago by going to a hinged bottom plate that can't be lost.
2. The better sidelocks that use the H&H detachable sidelock pattern have a detent for the lever on the lockplate screw that requires considerable effort to move. It's only the lower end guns that have the lockplate screw free to back out & get lost. I know a guy who lost one on a 28 ga. AYA #2 but fortunately was observant enough not to loose the lockplate as well.
3. I don't have an answer for the trigger assembly stolen & held for ransom except to frequent a gun club in a better part of town.

I like locks that can be accessed w/o tools for lubrication & to dry out when a gun gets wet & As Der Ami said "no screws for Bubba to mess up". Ever notice how many otherwise nice sidelocks & boxlocks have buggered up lockplate & bottom plate screws!

Yes, I know some people will want fiddle with removing the locks when there is no reason to remove them subjecting the lockplate mortise to wear & chipping & the locks themselves to loss but to quote Ron White "you can't fix stupid" & the same type person would be at a fixed lock gun with an ill fitting screwdriver eventually.

To me, hand detachable locks are one of the many small refinements that separate nicer guns from ordinary guns.