Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for the nice comments. The subject gun is one of those firearms that really needs to be handled to appreciate it fully, in particular its balance. It's too bad we're scattered as far apart as we are otherwise I'd be happy to show it to all of you. With our fall home renovation project taking us into the holiday season, and then that "Polar Vortex" thing that hit us this last week, I haven't had a chance to see how it shoots as yet. I have a bunch of 9.3X74R cartridges loaded up with different grain weights and charges (from other regulating projects) ready for my trip out to the range as well as many boxes of the new Brenneke 65mm 16 ga "Classic" slugs. Im really curious to see how the Brenneke slugs will group in relation to the DR barrels. I have a Russian boar hunt planned for the first week of March so I'll be getting out soon to dial this gun in for the hunt; with that a range report will follow. Having been somewhat involved in the 65mm Brenneke slug project I feel a little obligated to shoot a boar with the slug, if one happens to come in close, although doing such a thing would seem rather odd with two rifle barrels parked on top of the shot tube. As to Gunwolf's question about the weight of the gun I hope to post that as well rather soon. My guess would be 9 1/2 lbs. but I'll check and see. Yes, the stock configuration is unusual as compared to what we typically see. GGCA member Dick Hummel said the style of the cheek-piece is early Austrian and the extended pistol grip is called a "Kaiser Grip". Kaiser Wilhelm needed such a thing to accommodate his handicap but who knows why the guy that ordered this gun wanted such a thing. It's very comfortable for me so I'm happy with it. I trust it will shoot well doubting that Bernhard Merkel would let anything mediocre out of his shop but again, we'll have to see ...

Regards,

Mark