I am sure I will recover my funds (I am an eternal optimist).

The issue is whether she cashed my check or not. If she did, that is legal acceptance of a business deal and the gun is legally mine. If she did not then I assume she had the legal (albeit not ethical) choice to try to find the highest bidder after she accepted my deal.

Stay tuned as I will find out if she cashed the check tomorrow at my bank. I didn't bring the check number with me to Las Vegas so I couldn't check on that until I got home.

Indeed, you guys who have been addressing her on facebook have my complete support and I hope you continue to do so. Her addressing us as the "gun mafia" has done her great disservice. Her lies cannot compete with the truth.

I hope that this would forewarn those who buy from sources such as this. Although this is the first negative experience I have has in many years of collecting, personal emails tell me I am not the first.

It appears that the efforts from members of this forum who have hit her facebook page have her in a defensive posture. If she keeps that up she will never be able to sell the gun.

Therein lies the problem. This is a rare and valuable gun. The LACA only notes 6 of this grade and gauge. However, it is flawed in terms of condition. The rib issue is not minor and then chamber issue is major. Nobody has explained to her the importance of intact ribs on a gun. She primarily into estate jewelry. Trying to ream the chamber of a 20 gauge Lefever and keeping it safe to shoot is a major issue. I tried to explain that to her yesterday. She thought gauge was a matter of how long a gun was and had no idea of what I was talking about.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com