I have had 12, 16 and 20's, two were two barrels sets and one set was a composite set plus several single guns. all down the road these days. Never had a 28 or .410, but did lust for one long ago. Great guns for clay targets but they were built like tanks. Heavy to carry, when you get older and understand that a pound or two less becomes 20 by the end of the day.

Never had a failure of any type with any M-21. Workmanship was as good as it gets. The 20 was custom shop gun and the others were production guns all before 1964.

Funny thing about M-21 that no matter what you have the dealers want to tell you that is not in demand to try to lower your asking price more so than any other type of gun I have dealt in. Then when they get it in their shops it becomes the rarest thing on Earth.

I was looking for an early two trigger field gun and every one I came across was rare as hens teeth. Then the same shops acted like the two triggers were as bad as rust when I tried to sell the one I bought several years later. The same dealer who wanted an extra grand for one told me two trigger demand was gone and it was now worth five hundred less than a single.

Point is that this is a very specialized market and everything needs to be considered before any sale. Winchester hype does drive the price to some extent and you have to be careful not to fall in love with any one gun when looking. Many of the engraved guns are factory personal upgrades so be aware.