Nope, no 3 tons per square inch marking on the gun. Thanks Greg, I never knew that about the change in shot weights through the Great War. That makes sense, then possibly my gun was built before 1914. I had previously contacted the Birmingham Proof House trying to figure out a date for the gun; they said 1904-1925 based on proof marks, and with no date mark it would in theory, be pre-1921. I had asked them about the chamber marking 2 on the top of the barrels and they said that wasnt their proof mark, the Proof House would only mark on the barrel flats. I never asked about the pressure proof though. My guess is that the 2 was marked on the barrels at the importers request. I think the gun was likely imported into Canada by the Hudson Bay Company, although there are no retailer markings to confirm that. The gun has a very high serial #, marked 102XXX. I had contacted Larry Shelton the Clabrough gun expert, and he thought it was probably a Hudson Bay Company gun judging by such a high serial #. He said the Clabrough guns were only serial numbered into the 14000s, but that large import retailers could ask for their own serial numbers to be put on import guns.

I don't know if I can get RST loads here in Canada. It may even be hard to get the Gambore even though Kent Cartridges distributes here. The big box sporting goods retailers don't want to be bothered with special orders anymore, they only want to sell what they specifically bring in. Whatever happened to customer service?

Thanks again.
Tim

Last edited by Tim Cartmell; 02/03/14 05:03 PM.