June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Argo44, Jtplumb), 300 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,172
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are worried about odors, go to a pet store and purchase some of the urine and feces odor neutralizer in a spray bottle. these enzymes work well at breaking this down works well.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Mike, you have a fertile imagination to have come up with that brew.

Many years ago I had the water leak out of a cooler carrying the trout we had caught on a fishing trip in New Mexico (stockers at Vermejo Park Ranch). It leaked into the back of my Expediton onto the carpet which was also on a pad. I removed the carpet and pad from the expedition and sprinkled plenty of baking soda on both of them and then left them out in the hot Texas Summer sun for several days. I vacuumed them off and repeated. After two weeks of this treatment I put them back in the Expedition and even my wife couldn't detect any fish odor (her nose is so good she can tell when I ate lunch at Burger King).

My wife is an extreme germaphobe. I was worried about the cases being banned from the house. She has great faith in the Chlorox wipes. So I hoped if I went over everything with Chlorox wipes that those cases would be judged by the authority having jurisdiction as being suitable for return to the house. I was right about that at least.

Thus I cleaned my cases with Chlorox wipes and deodorized them with baking soda.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/26/14 03:11 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you Tom, that is very helpful.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/26/14 03:07 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The guys at Americase are pretty nice. It will cost you some shipping, but they will probably replace the interior for a good bit less than the cost of a new case. You may get the smell out, but I'd guess it's going to look like hell.

Back when I was in the air freight business, I picked up an airplane for a week's work that had a fish spill the previous friday. The solution the previous pilot came up with was to discharge several cans of carpet cleaner in the cargo bay and then lock the doors and put the airplane in a hot hanger for the weekend.

I came home smelling like fish and perfume. Was not easy to convince the wife that I had been at 'work'.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones

Back when I was in the air freight business, I picked up an airplane for a week's work that had a fish spill the previous friday. The solution the previous pilot came up with was to discharge several cans of carpet cleaner in the cargo bay and then lock the doors and put the airplane in a hot hanger for the weekend.

I came home smelling like fish and perfume. Was not easy to convincve the wife that I had been at 'work'.

We caught a few bonito years ago and Billy kept a few for crab bait. The cooler leaked from the back seat into the trunk on a hot July day. The only way he got rid of the strong fish odor was to sell the car.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Back before the use of coolers was universal, I can remember bringing home long stringers of bluegill bream after an afternoon's fishing. We just put them in the trunk of the car.

Often one or two would somehow come off the stringer and wedge themselves invisibly under something in the trunk. We always noticed it pretty soon, but sometimes the smell would become overpowering. A druggist friend of my Dad's gave him something which I think was called Oil of Wintergreen which smelled like chewing gum and pretty much overcame the odor...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is a bit macabre but undertakers have a product that destroys the odor of decomposed flesh. Comes in a spray can. It was used to decontaminate the mobile morgue units the military deployed to Jonestown.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought the Koolaid overcame Jonestown. Jones the leader, met with Vice President Walter Mondale and First Lady Rosalynn Carter several times and with Governor Jerry Brown. 1978 was a bad year in my books. Funny how people forget minor facts like who met whom and what was said before the mess that followed. Anything which could degrease of deodorize that mess must have been some powerful stuff.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I came home smelling like fish and perfume. Was not easy to convincve the wife that I had been at 'work'.

A departed friend would use WD-40 for such situations he regularly encountered. I don't recall how he dealt with the lipstick on his collar. Dix's name was mentioned just the other day by another guy from the old Honda crowd, Junior. TW remembers our friend's novel use of this great product. In fact, I posted this use of wd-40 here and found out TW knew who I was talking about before we knew we had common friends.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H

A departed friend would use WD-40 for such situations he regularly encountered. I don't recall how he dealt with the lipstick on his collar.

A friend of mine on a rainy night rolled in the mud in a bar ditch and then claimed to his wife he had a flat on the way home. It both covered the odor and explained the gap between closing time and the time of his arrival at home.

As I get older I see less and less difference between young men and intact male bird dogs. Except the bird dog has better morals.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/27/14 07:21 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.