Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Mike, you have a fertile imagination to have come up with that brew.

Many years ago I had the water leak out of a cooler carrying the trout we had caught on a fishing trip in New Mexico (stockers at Vermejo Park Ranch). It leaked into the back of my Expediton onto the carpet which was also on a pad. I removed the carpet and pad from the expedition and sprinkled plenty of baking soda on both of them and then left them out in the hot Texas Summer sun for several days. I vacuumed them off and repeated. After two weeks of this treatment I put them back in the Expedition and even my wife couldn't detect any fish odor (her nose is so good she can tell when I ate lunch at Burger King).

My wife is an extreme germaphobe. I was worried about the cases being banned from the house. She has great faith in the Chlorox wipes. So I hoped if I went over everything with Chlorox wipes that those cases would be judged by the authority having jurisdiction as being suitable for return to the house. I was right about that at least.

Thus I cleaned my cases with Chlorox wipes and deodorized them with baking soda.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/26/14 03:11 PM.

I am glad to be here.