Well, Brian, I'll run against the flow and throw in for extractors. I've been shooting SxS's for almost fifty years now, both American and English/European makes....and the bulk of my repair costs have been experienced with ejector guns.

Either replacing costly ejector leaf springs or the actual ejector separating from its stem or rod have been the most common. A new one for me recently was needing to have a TIG welding repair to the ejector cocking dog on the frame of a Parker. None of these repairs were cheap, usually in the several hundred dollar range, and since I trap my empties anyway rather than letting them fly, I've come to favor extractor guns. To the point, in fact, that I've converted the ejector gun(s) I shoot the most over to 'extractors' by removing the ejector springs. I know the Foxes have coil ejector springs, so any such repairs aren't going to be that big a deal cost-wise, but why pay up-keep on a feature that you intend to not really use? Just a thought....given that re-sale value is not your concern.

Rob