Following "Eightbore's shank bending advice??" is a Fubar waiting to happen. The receiver and the shank are made from forged nickel alloyed steel - and heat treated (NOT case hardened like the Carriage bolted side-by-side shotguns Mr. Eight-Bore has some knowledge of,or so rumor may have it.

This is what can happen when some "know-it-all" type tries to expand his so-called "expertise" into other aspects of shotgun gun-smithing that may well involve both a smattering of basics in both machine shop practices and metallurgy.

No one man, no matter his background or years of experience, whether in my case both code welding of both ferrous and non ferrous and tool steels, plus growing up in my grandfather's machine shop, starting at age ten- or in the case of "Eight-Baller", growing up in a saloon setting in PA and later working for a State Liquor Commission, can claim expertise for everything- but I'll put my life-long love of the "Perfect Repeater" and both my research, study and "hands-on" ownership of the shotgun make and model I know best, and from having shot them steadily since age 12 (60 years ago now)-and still yet today. I rest my case..

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 03/06/14 12:02 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..