Originally Posted By: buzz
Most un-gentlemanly behavior has been demonstrated in this thread. Why do you guys want to denigrate this forum with this nonsense? We are here to talk about guns, and frankly, what the man had to say re the Model 12 and bending the shank using heat, had credibility IMO.
Thanks- I guess-as I [posted the CORRECT and safe method, not the "ram-bam-thank-you-Ma'am" process others suggest- but not, of course, my New England based "pal"- Murph Da Surf- Unless I miss-read him, he suggest just clamping the M12 RECEIVER IN ANY OLD BENCH VISE (What- Not a Parker & Snow even--Gadzooks and whacking the attached shank until you achieve the desired results- He is welcome, of course, to use that BFH technique on his own personal M12's- but the gent that asked the original question deserves better- and so I gave him the steps for the process both the WRA Custom Shop often used- if it worked for them- well you get the drift-

As far as Cutter or Kutter, whatever, the Boston boy wunderkind, he has some set of cojones to question another Veteran's stated military service- he was, most likely, what we called a REMF'r--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..