June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (earlyriser, Borderbill, 1 invisible), 380 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,042
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
You do realize you linked two differnt SKS rifles...not AK47 types.

These preceded the AK47, fired the same rounds...designed by the same dude....but are very different.

No I didn't. Thanks.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for all the replies.

Just realized the Yugo SKS ad said "stripper clips" instead of "clips".

Are the Russian and Yugoslav SKSs generally good quality? I don't really care about the removeable clips. Or am I asking the equivalent of "How much is a used double?"

Thanks again for all the help.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a guy who teaches how to build your own;

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/...o-build-ak-47s/

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you like 'quality' and American Made vs. the crude made banana wood AK's:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=401509996

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

AmarilloMike,
Do you mean "stripper clips" instead of detachable magazines?

Over time the words "clip" and "magazine" have been conflated and are often used interchangeably. A clip is a device to load a magazine. It lacks both a follower and spring. In the world of cars it's comparable to tire and wheel - close but not the same.

Sidelock
Sidelock

have to like the :

NOT FOR SALE IN KOMRADE CUOMO'S MARXIST STATE OF NEW YORK OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW in that listing !

I went with a RRA for my AR-better trigger.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=405141364

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's my favorite AK. It was built from an AMD65 kit which is a short barrel tankers model. Since the barrel in only 11 inches long it's registered as an SBR. With a folding stock and short barrel it makes for a nice compact package.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm planning to wait until we elect a gun friendly government before I buy one of these. I figure the prices will plummet!...Geo

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Doug thanks for the lead. Right now I still have my heart set on an AK.

George I laughed out loud. We may not live long enough though. I own a small business that is incorporated. I kept thinking I would use the corporation to buy a machine gun so I wouldn't have to go through the Class III licensing gauntlet. Waited too long and PA24's president slammed the door on me with an executive order.

I have decided it is the AK47 that I want, not the SKS.

Jim I think what I want is a cold war manufactured AK47 that has been converted to semi-auto. Is that what you have there? And then converted to a tanker's model?

Steve I did think that "clip" and "magazine" meant the same thing. Thank you for setting that straight for me. But I meant stripper clip in that post that I wrote "stripper clip." I didn't realize that "clip" and "stripper clip" meant the same thing.

Thanks again everybody,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 03/30/14 01:18 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike:
It would be illegal to "convert" a full auto AK, using the original receiver, to a semi-auto no matter how you did it. The BATF's position is "once a machinegun always a machine gun". My AK started it's new life as a parts kit that was at that time all complete except for the receiver.
A new semi-auto receiver was purchased and enough new American made parts were used to qualify as a legal and register-able as semi-auto.
I took this one step further and registered it with the BATF as a Short Barrel Rifle(SBR) before it was converted. The envelope you see in the case contains a copy of the paperwork which must be with this gun at all times. This also means it stayed in the gunsmiths' possession until the paperwork was approved.
AK kits are drying up and nearly impossible to obtain today with an original barrel since the BATF arbitrarily decided that original barrels could no longer be imported a few years ago.
IMO: Everyone should have one of these or an AR15 readily available as insurance.

As an aside: When the NFA Act was passed in 1934 the Federal Government realized even then that they couldn't outlaw this type of firearm due to the 2nd Amendment.
So what they did was require a $200 Treasury tax stamp when these were initially registered and every time they were transferred. $200 was a LOT of money in 1934 and the intent was to make it too expensive for ordinary citizens to own one. This stamp to this day is still the most expensive one in use in the United States.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 03/30/14 02:03 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.