Originally Posted By: Phunter
Originally Posted By: Chuck H
In the scheme of things, and at the risk of quoting a democrat, what difference does it make?

I don't think anyone on this board is shooting birds with a pricey sxs because that's the only way they can put food on the table. If putting food on the table was the task, I would think rustling cattle or poaching a deer would be more successful. Wandering around with an old half lame or half trained dog shooting cat food aint exactly "a need". It's all about fun and none of it's any more serious than playing donky kong, IMO.

I feel the same way. If you're out walking around the wetland, prairie, or woods w/dog and friends, who the heck cares what your percentage is? It's supposed to be fun. Missing IS part of the fun...right? The jokes, the razzing by friends, the internal questions about how in the world I could miss that beautifully pointed rooster I walked all day to get a shot at. Afterall, it's called hunting, not "killing".

And, to me, an old vintage sxs is a handicap anyway. I shoot my Beretta 391 much better. But, I enjoy it less. The sxs adds to the whole process. I understand that more now moving into middle age.

Phunter and Chuck express my outlook perfectly. The only thing I could add is I do my best to be aware of my limitations as a shooter and keep my attempts limited to shots that are within my abilities. And I don't go for the next bird until I've found the last one... or spent a long time searching.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia