June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 164 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,174
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wolf Ammo is fine. don't let the gun show commandos tell you about the "horrors" of steel case ammo. Wolf Steel case is polymer coated and works great in everything I have shot it in. I shot more than 20,000 rounds of it in 9mm, 556, 7.62x39 and 45 ACP. no issues.
The urban legends of steel case ammo doing damage are bogus.
I was told by an internationally known "tactical weapons training Expert" that if I shot steel cased ammo in an AR or M4 the extractor would break in "less than 80 rounds". 10,000 rounds plus later, no such problems.

Prior to 9-11 if you shoed up at a tactical training course with steel ammo you got laughed at. and told your weapon would fail, jm etc. this was partially true due to the lacquer coated Russian ammo coming in. it would gum chambers up. you still see lacquer coated once in a while so just don't buy it.
A lot of the Chinese 7.62 is copper washed steel cases. no issues there.
for a long time after the start of the war on terror, you couldn't get 556. when I attended training schools on my own dime, I had to provide my own. I started using Wold Polymer coated 556. In semi and 3 rd burst it ran fine. I even did my own experiment to test the allegations of the horrors of steel cased. I did an M4 Instructor Course; 5 days, approx. 3000 rounds. I decided that I would not clean my M4 for the entire class and see how long it took to fail/stop/jam. Each day I put a little CLP in the bolt carrier group and that was it. I ran it all the way till Thursday afternoon and finally had a failure to extract. the fired case was stuck I the chamber. I transitioned to my M9, finished the drill. I left the line and rod'd my weapon and knocked the stuck case out. the rim was ripped off of it. no damage to the extractor. I took a chamber brush and scrubbed the chamber, lubed it and finished the day. I shot the rest of the day and Friday without cleaning. no other issues. we finished shooting at 12x12 steel at 200-300 meters. I was using an ACOG and would ring them every time. and all of this in an 11.5" barreled Carbine.
so, buy Wolf and don't look back.

Last edited by Brian; 04/05/14 01:38 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Brian thank you for taking the time to help me. I really do appreciate it. I could have posted my question on one of the black gun BBSs but I wouldn't have been able to tell who knows what they are talking about. I have seen your posts and I think you and my shooting student Joe Wood have had a few conversations.

I don't exactly understand your signature but I hope you are home for good now.

I went ahead and bought the Wolf ammo.

Thanks again to Jim, Doug, Postoak, Doc, Jerb, keith, Gil, Steve, Jaeger, NCAA, Will, and Flychamps for taking the time to share their experience, advice, and opinions. I can't imagine what I would have wound up with if I had been relying on the advice of near-anonymous blackgun dealers and living-in-mom's-basement black-ops ninjas.

Jim's endorsement of the linked-to gun I was considering was very valuable to me in making my decision.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/05/14 02:35 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike
I am re-deploying, actually now in the Warrior Transition Unit waiting to get some medical needs taken care of. so, still not off of active duty but getting closer.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good luck. Thank you for your service. Please keep in touch here.

I always feel like a slacker when I compare myself to you and people like you. I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless!

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brian
Mike
I am re-deploying, actually now in the Warrior Transition Unit waiting to get some medical needs taken care of. so, still not off of active duty but getting closer.

Good luck to you as well Brian. I think we'll all be pleased when you notify us you're home for good.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would be quite happy with an MP-40 and a half dozen magazines.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.