Originally Posted By: PA24

sxsman:

I think this thread link below answers almost any question that has ever been asked about the Akus Dickinson and Akus Smith and Wesson shotguns, including multiple pictures, schematics of the action and trigger plate mechanisms.......read all eleven (11) pages if you really want to know.

Most of the trigger complaints relate directly to the single trigger guns and the single trigger mechanisms and not the double trigger guns......

My triggers are just fine, mine are all double trigger guns.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=303496&page=1

Triggers were 8+ (off the scale of my gauge) on the double trigger Dickinson 20ga I borrowed from Cabela's for a field test and review. I thought, like the S&W's I'd tried out previously, that it was a well-made gun for the money--other than the triggers. The first S&W I tested had a single trigger that was very heavy. The second one was DT and it was fine. When I returned the Dickinson 20 to Cabela's, I checked the other two that store had in inventory. Both DT guns, both also heavy--although I did not have my gauge with me. Recently visited another Cabela's, tried a Dickinson 20 with DT, and that one felt pretty good. So I'd say hit or miss, DT or not. Try before you buy. Heavy triggers may not bother some people as much as others. But if you can hang a gun by the trigger, safety off, and the hammer doesn't drop . . . that's heavy. Trigger pull weight should not exceed the weight of the gun. Seems to be a recurring problem on Turkish guns. Not all of them, but enough that I wouldn't order one sight unseen.