Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Do you build guns Larry?

Nope. Do I need to build guns in order to read a trigger pull gauge?

Looked back at what I wrote previously about the Dickinson. I was a pound or so off. Triggers were both between 7-8, by my gauge, on the gun I borrowed from Cabela's, which weighed less than 6 1/2. Gave the other 2 they had in inventory the "finger" test--and the hammers didn't break when I dangled them from my finger with the safety off. So, pulls heavier than gun weight on 3 out of 3 at that particular Gun Library, all DT guns.

I'd note that in my review of the Dickinson, everything except the triggers (and the choke tube tool they provide, which others have also mentioned) was very positive. You get one with good triggers, or find a gunsmith who will adjust them to your satisfaction, I'd say a Dickinson is a good buy. I've found enough trigger pull issues with Turkish guns, across the board--Huglu, CZ, S&W, Dickinson--that it's my recommendation to potential buyers to get the gun in their hands and try the triggers before they buy. You think that's unreasonable, JRB? And if you think I'm the only person who's found heavy triggers on Dickinsons, you need to reread this thread.