Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Do you build guns Larry?

Nope. Do I need to build guns in order to read a trigger pull gauge?

Just makes me wonder why modern day gun writers parrot what the builders and smiths say. That's why I read and listen to the guy in the trench doing the dirty work. Relegate Doug to the misfires???? You must be dreaming.

Who's parroting what anyone says, JRB? I had the gun in my hands. Put in snap caps, tested it with a trigger pull gauge. That's called an "objective measurement". If I have a gun built for me by "the guy in the trench doing the dirty work", I'm darned well going to specify trigger pulls in terms of weight. I'd fully expect him to measure them with a gauge. Not going to trust a "guy in the trench" who tells me that they're "fine" without giving me pull weights.

And I'd note that in a fairly short, 2 page thread, 3 other posters also refer to heavy trigger pulls--in one case so heavy it doesn't work for him. Are they also disqualified from expressing their experiences, just because they don't build guns? Guess somebody needs to tell Dave that he should change the name of his website to doublegunbuilder.com . . . no others need comment.

Last edited by L. Brown; 04/17/14 02:37 PM.