September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Stanton Hillis, 1 invisible), 280 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,900
Posts550,593
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

The US is still a net importer of oil. Some of that money we were sending to Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, is staying here.

The drilling rights are auctioned off and the US treasury receives the money.

Gasoline prices would be higher if there was less oil available here.

Drilling jobs, pipeline jobs, refining jobs, and cheap energy are beneficial to US citizens. They are also beneficial to the treasuries of the US' and several state governemnts' treasuries.

Natural gas prices are way way down. That is beneficial to US manufacturers and their employees. It is beneficial to those that heat their homes and businesses with natural gas.

I doubt that those areas you photographed were representative of more than a small percentage of the area of the Bakken.

The BS put out about the benefits and costs of solar and windpower is still BS, no matter anyone's "die-hard" status.

The oil companies make lots of money and support politicians that vote their way. Same way the railroads did in the 1800s, the New York Banks did for the last thirty years. And the same way the next big thing will when they make the money.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/27/14 06:22 PM.

I am glad to be here.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

so how does this help us become energy independent? It does not.

I'm fine with tapping natural resources but a little honesty in the conversation goes a long ways. The story that fracking is the energy savior of the US is total B.S. More big business having its way with our resources. So Dave are we meeting the worlds demands or those here in the US?

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve how do we exploit "our resources" without fracking? Do you think fracking is bogus? Are you like those people that think we didn't really land on the moon, that it was faked?

As far as "our resources" significant portion of the fracking and drilling is on private land.

Our citizens are putting gasoline in their cars that was made in our refineries from our oil that the oil companies drilled on our land. Those oil companies competitively bid for the drilling rights on our land and sent that money to our treasury.

Why do you think we producing 50% more oil that we were in 2005 ? http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=A

We are projected to be energy indpendent: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100450133

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/27/14 07:03 PM.

I am glad to be here.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not my pictures of the Bakken, but the stories seem to be consistent as far as I can tell.

I do not believe that fracking is half as safe as the oil companies say it is.

But hey, what difference is an extra 80 or so earth quakes a year?

http://www.usgs.gov/blogs/features/usgs_top_story/man-made-earthquakes/

If the oil companies were just a little more forth coming....maybe.

But then to Ted's point....hey in a few thousand years who cares? It will be all gone by then.

This board blows my mind at times. Bill comes on and makes what any outdoorsman should recognize as a statement regarding the need to keep our wild places wild and our game populations up and then he is instantly labeled a liberal and possibly some type of trader.

I'd love to see this board grow up some. Not gonna happen though. You are the boys of the ultra small tent. The same mentality that lost the last 2 presidential election for the GOP. But at least you all can claim the moral high ground.

who knows...maybe Rand Paul will get the nod. That would shake things up some.

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve I did not call Bill a liberal or a traitor. I didn't take him as a liberal and if he is a liberal that is just fine.

If we could argue facts instead of casting stones we might both learn something though.

I am glad to be here.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike I'm not totally against fracking but would love to see some honesty in the conversation. The oil companies here do everything they can to avoid any responsibility. When one of there proprietary chemicals shows up in someones well the answer is always "you can prove it". BS you know it and so do I. Same goes when they have a spill. The earthquakes? I'm mean really. I would be hunting the bastards down personally if it was my well or foundation. Some responsibility like most industries is all I ask. oh and the illegal dumping of nuclear waste....
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-15/radioactive-waste-booms-with-oil-as-new-rules-mulled.html

is it really too much to ask for the industry to be held to some standard level accountability? I do not feel it is.

I miss Monkey Jim.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Mike, not you I had meant, just was replying to you. The erroneous liberal view was Ted's comment, not yours.

I feel I can usually discuss things with you, even if we don't see it exactly the same. Some others who frequently post here, not so much.

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve,
once again,energy coal/oil/nat gas,are ALL traded on an international market,if we somehow decide not to produce any or less two things will happen,the worlds demands will go even higher above the supply.The second is we will pay more- A lot more.
One look at Putin's strangle hold on Europe and his ability to leverage it shows how important it is for America,and most importantly have American companies that pay taxes here, to drill and use coal/oil/nat gas that we will all be using for MANY decades to come.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fracking is going on all around the Panhandle of Texas. I know many landowners. Many of them do not own the mineral rights. The oil companies coming on their land and drilling is just a PITA. I haven't heard of any polluted wells from them. I haven't heard of any on the local news.

Do you know anybody that has had their well ruined? I don't doubt that it has happened many times. Again it is a low percentage. Nothing is 100%

No doubt that we are going to have leaks and spills of oil.

But as far as no accountability what about BP in the Gulf of Mexico? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill

" As of February 2013, criminal and civil settlements and payments to a trust fund had cost the company $42.2 billion.[30]"

BP earnings for 2013 were 13.4 billion: http://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/press/press-releases/fourth-quarter-2013-results.html

Steve I agree, personal attacks are counter-productive and unpleasant.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/27/14 07:07 PM.

I am glad to be here.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"Also wondering, where can I find out more about dead ends and big bad corps. One of the most awe inspiring sights is a row of wind turbines at the foot of the Rocky's, in Montana, with every other one locked down because it tripped off for yet another problem. I wonder if the cocktail party libs will care if a place like Bunkerville is preserved in all its glory by being blanketed with chinese panels. Happy hunting."

I just returned from spending Easter in Kalifornia with the family and drove there and back on Route 10 thru the Palm Springs area. I'd estimate that at least 60 % of the turbines in that area are currently inoperable. And this was in very windy conditions. Well: At least they're not killing birds.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 15 of 25 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.