June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dave Weber, canvasback), 181 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,177
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Craig,
while I certainly agree with the sentiment in the first half of your sentence, I would disagree with the second part.

"It's never enough, but it's also clear non pc activities will slowly be priced out of reach."

The Interstate tolls Obama has proposed is a sure way to lower his already abysmal approval rating. That is the worst idea I have heard in sometime.

As to Non-PC activities, meaning hunting, being priced out I would disagree. Here in CO our state continues to try to expand opportunity for hunters. Tags and herd sizes have increased as have access to private land through partnerships with Parks and Wildlife department. While nothing is perfect, the options continue to increase yearly here. I have no idea where your from, but if at all possible you should look into a trip out west somewhere and see for yourself. Western states are full of places to hunt, free of cost.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Mike and canvasback, You guys are the ones who naively expect that you might change King Brown, nca225, Dave-in-Maine, etc.

I never said I could change them. It's more than obvious that we can't. I don't even try... I just illuminate their lunacy, hypocrisy, and dishonesty whenever I have the time. I don't try to sugar coat anything either. These are grown adults who are moronic enough to believe that a politician like Obama, with a 100% anti-gun voting record as a state legislator and as a U.S. Senator, would not be a threat to our 2nd Amendment rights.

Plus +1000 Keith.......

The people mentioned in the above quote and the other libtards on this forum and elsewhere are ignorant, plain and simple....anybody who voted for Obama is ignorant and did not do their homework......you will never change these people by trying to engage them in a debate of any kind where FACTS are included and common sense is required.

Only when their pocket book, their employment, their buying power, their retirement or benefits and their family and/or their general well being is reduced to half or more of what it once was, will they wake up and completely understand the damage their voting patterns have created. They will never admit it of their own free will, for fear of losing face and admitting they are ignorant.

And just think, these are the libtards that work, or have worked and retired.......the millions and millions that squat in the inner cities ... (5th generation WHO HAVE NEVER WORKED, AND WON'T WORK)... and suck off of welfare and the taxpayers will never change their liberal voting allegiance AS LONG AS THE EAGLE FLIES OVER AND DUMPS CASH AND FREEBIES IN THEIR LAP FOR THEIR ZERO EFFORT YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT, AND ALL OF YOU KNOW IT..............They will continue to promote and vote for politicians who increase the freebies.......It is now bred into their DNA.

Only after people suffer enough does the light bulb go on in the kitchen.......our society is spoiled rotten and still wants MORE.......as long as they don't have to pay for it.

Good luck trying to convince these libtards of current hard core facts and the massive destruction that this administration has heaped on the American taxpayer........

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....As to Non-PC activities, meaning hunting, being priced out I would disagree. Here in CO our state continues to try to expand opportunity for hunters. Tags and herd sizes have increased as have access to private land through partnerships with Parks and Wildlife department. While nothing is perfect, the options continue to increase yearly here. I have no idea where your from, but if at all possible you should look into a trip out west somewhere and see for yourself. Western states are full of places to hunt, free of cost.
Steve

I believe there are more than plenty of signs that cost can be used to discourage a legal activity. Price of ammo regulatory hoops to jump through that add even more to all things 'hazmat', lead smelter giving up operations, closing of target ranges for various new regs (costs). Even demonizing the pickup truck makes it more expensive to enjoy the outdoors. I'd bet your recent recall issues over gun control are seen by others as the price to pay for getting a foot in the door to more control.

I can't get enough of the west. I get out to Montana each fall, but for bird hunting, none of the great big game chances. Yes, I see the changes there, west of the Rocky's there're many communities that are trying their hardest to become suburbs of california. A favorite duck hunting marsh was drained by the feds, seems like because the regional boss had project to get on the radar for promotion out east.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

LOL, Keith.

I don't expect to change King's mind, or Dave in Maine or any others who have posted on here. To post on here with an opposing view is to invite a fairly scathing critique. Those who do that are likely pretty sure of where they stand.

I'm talking about the kind of discourse we have with, for example, the Millennials, as described in the Pew poll posted by DaveK. The guys I'm trying to win over aren't the ones stabbing me in the back. It's the men and women who are wondering.

And to be honest with you, I could care less about "the left" calling me a "racist, bigot, homophobic, woman hating, cretin" in terms of how I would like to respond. Although I am wondering how I could be both homophobic and woman hating? Haha! They are wrong about who I am, I am right about who I am and ultimately the truth will out.

On a personal level, I can't be made to feel bad by insults that have no grounding in fact. I've already been through the "falsely accused" wringer. When there was a fair bit on the line, not just someone getting their panties in a knot because they felt I had slagged them on the internet. Not to say that my life didn't get turned upside down, but I'm not changing who I am.

I get a little grief on here now and again because of my open mindedness regarding gays and my lack of religious conviction. But I am bound and determined to treat people with the care and respect I would like to be treated with. Regardless of their views or their behavior towards me. (bad drivers excepted).

That's not to say I am perfect and don't make mistakes. Because I have and Keith, you know I have. You yourself brought one such incidence to my attention a couple months ago.

RM Bill has some reasonable thing to say about the importance of the environment and as people who enjoy the outdoors we should all be concerned about our ability to manage the natural environment. We (I mean people) don't have a good track record. So should I just toss his comments aside because he may have supported Obama? (I'm just guessing, Bill and using you as an example. Not trying to define your position). I may suggest or advocate a different course of action, but I find the best thoughts and plans are often arrived at through critical discussion.

I think this thread has been interesting precisely because we have had differing viewpoints discussing an important issue and reacting to new information as it came available.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bingo! grin grin
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Doug, you know I didn't vote for Obama!

And I don't think it is now bred into their DNA. I think the "hand out" behavior is innate in a large portion of mankind. Check out Roman history.

My scorn is mostly reserved for the idiots who give the stuff out, not for those who take it. The Harry Reids, Nancy Pelosis, Obamas and Clintons of the world. There is where the real problem lies. the self serving, self aggrandizing grasping for power and the willingness to do and say whatever it takes to get it. That's is where our culture's problems lie. Not with people taking a hand out.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

RM Bill has some reasonable thing to say about the importance of the environment and as people who enjoy the outdoors we should all be concerned about our ability to manage the natural environment. We (I mean people) don't have a good track record. So should I just toss his comments aside because he may have supported Obama?

Bill Ferguson was a perfect example James,

I hunt in Wyoming every year and have for 50 + years......

Ferguson in a previous post mentions the "Sage Grouse", one of the dumbest birds to ever lay an egg. These birds are really, really stupid.....they will stand at medium to close ranges and are commonly shot in the head with rifles.......and the others just stand there until they are shot......stupid does not define these birds.......

Ferguson says the dirt roads that oil companies have been building for 75 years or so is diminishing the "Stupid Sage Grouse" population by allowing predators to take advantage of these dumb birds......this is the biggest line of b.s. I've ever seen on this board.........ANY predator can, at will, take as many of these Stupid Grouse as they want, but this is not the main reason for their decline according to the facts, but because of the inherent stupidity of the bird itself and not because of oil company improvements of any kind......These birds nest on the ground under sage brush, and during a recent study lost 84% of their eggs due to poor nesting sites chosen.

Only after experiencing these "Stupid Grouse" for years could anyone fully understand how fact-less Ferguson's post was. This is what libtards do...find a little piece of information and twist it way past reality for impact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Sage-Grouse

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....RM Bill has some reasonable thing to say about the importance of the environment and as people who enjoy the outdoors we should all be concerned about our ability to manage the natural environment. We (I mean people) don't have a good track record. So should I just toss his comments aside because he may have supported Obama?....

I'd use a similar quote as Doug did for a different reason, and me personally would worry about your take on it.

Bill said he has all the access he could want so he's happy. No doubt in my mind the nation is trending towards less access. I worry about what it means to 'manage' the environment or people not having a good track record. Some will say the best policy is no hunting at all and they work daily to take little increments with many different strategies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

I believe being civil in a civil conversation wins friends and influences people. Dale Carnegie agrees with me. I try to be civil in a civil discussion. I try not to rise to the bait when baited. Don't always live up to my ideals but I really try.

Mike, to be perfectly honest I'm tired of being civil. Everytime us conservatives have been civil the liberals have walked on us. The only thing they understand is getting hit over the head with a verbal sledge hammer. If you don't think they have walked on us go back to the Gun Control Act of 1968 and every damned new gun law passed since. I'm glad keith rubs their nose in it when ever they fall on their ass, just like rubbing a dogs nose in it when he shits on the floor.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Craig, I have those same concerns. But we can't escape the reality of our impact on the environment. What we can do is work to ensure the discussion includes facts, not hyperbole and that the course of action is based on those facts.

I'm involved with Delta Waterfowl in a significant multi-million dollar effort to fix something humans did, that had a devastating impact on waterfowl in a certain area. I wish the ducks were where they used to be but they are not and they are not because of human action. Hopefully it will be successful.

This situation has been played out across North America, in every state and province, with only rare circumstances where human involvement has been good for diverse species. Should we stick our head in the sands or lead the effort to do it right, ensuring our interests are considered while the solution is worked out?

People work daily to take away a whole host of our rights and freedoms. Access to public land and hunting is only a small part of it. We need to work smartly and tirelessly to counter all those infringements. I think the best strategy involves winning people to our viewpoint when they are young.

It is a strategy that has been employed successfully by the other side for 40 years or longer. We should be turning the tables, not making our discussions so unpalatable that no one gives a shit what we have to say. As is clear in so many areas of life today, it's not the best product that sells in volume, it's the product with the best marketing. We might not like that but that's the world we live in. A successful strategy depends on a truthful understanding of reality.

Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.