September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, 3 invisible), 472 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,864
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug, our allies can change. In WWII, both our countries fought a hard war primarily against Germany and Japan. For most of my adult life those two countries have been good strategic allies with America.

Not all the people who vote Democrat or voted for Obama are obviously and permanently our enemies. Some are...but many are not.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Has anyone here not changed views on some subject as they have gotten older? I sure have. My views are constantly evolving. I learn new things daily and sometimes these new things I learn change my mind. I also find I learn my better from people who show me some respect. I do not think I'm unique in possessing that quality.

I find being angry at your fellow citizen for how they chose to vote to be contradictory to the principle of democracy that country was founded upon. Isn't the premise of a Democracy that each person is entitled to their own vote? I'm not happy with the current administration in the least and look forward to a change in direction as soon as possible. I still feel a rational discussion will change many more viewpoints than name calling.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB

I find being angry at your fellow citizen for how they chose to vote to be contradictory to the principle of democracy that country was founded upon. Isn't the premise of a Democracy that each person is entitled to their own vote?

Case in point. This isn't a democracy. It's a REPUBLIC. Go recite the Pledge of Allegiance. It says and I quote--->And to the Republic for which it stands.

Damn liberal news media and communist infiltrated education system has everyone brainwashed into believing their hogwash.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Yes it is a Republic, you are correct. My point still stands.....everybody is entitled to their own vote, not the one you happen to deem acceptable.

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/30/14 10:34 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.

Case in point. This isn't a democracy. It's a REPUBLIC. Go recite the Pledge of Allegiance. It says and I quote--->And to the Republic for which it stands.

Actually you have a democracy. A republic is a form of representative democracy.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/30/14 10:39 PM. Reason: forgot to complete sentence

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

But the majority rule of our democracy is trumped by the Constitution. In a true democracy wouldn't rule of majority be the prime power?

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 04/30/14 10:43 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: J.R.B.

Actually you have a democracy. A republic is a form of representative democracy.

We vote for the people who we expect to do our wishes and this is something our current slate of senators, representatives, AND the idiot in the oval office are NOT doing.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I believe our system is commonly refereed to as a representative democracy.

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
So when did Dave in Maine burn down my house? When did King injure my family?....

I bear no grudge or anger, but no doubt in my mind that the ideology has injured my family. We face significant cost increases in taxes, fees, regulations and healthcare with absolutely nothing to show for it in societal improvement. No infrastructure or foreign relationship improvement. More debt, poor and unhealthy than ever. Less jobs and optimism for the future than...I can't recall. I respect elections, but rhetorically, where am I wrong.

Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.