Quote:
I broke mine in a motorcycle accident and, common to most people with this injury, the ends knitted out of line, mainly because it can not be splinted. This has given me a pronounced knob just inboard of my shoulder pocket which doesn't like guns recoiling against it.

I managed to break both my collarbones - and had to endure those godawful figure 8 braces. Guess I got lucky with the knit though, recoil doesn't bother it.

Quote:

We tend to imagine the shoulder pocket with the arm hanging down while in fact when shooting most peoples trigger arm is lifted to about 40-60 deg. This opens out the bottom of the shoulder pocket, easily accommodating a wide toe.

I am not sure if I understand this. Bringing your right arm up and forward as part of the gunmount creates a cup that (to my eye at least) seems to reduce the size of the shoulder pocket.

Would the enlarged toe help provide recoil relief to a woman shooter, perhaps? I understand that woman shooters sometimes need excessive cast on the toe to avoid having it dig into their chest. Perhaps this was a different approach to that problem.

Last edited by Doverham; 05/14/14 01:07 PM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.