Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

sly has been a gunbroker seller since 1999. he has a 99%+ feedback rating. he currently has 78 items for sale...

there certainly does seem to be a problem here...but it shore aint wid sly...

based upon his feedback, sly is a good guy, with a long track record of doing a good job, which is more than I can say for some of you...shame on you for bad mouthing him here.

Last edited by ed good; 06/14/14 07:04 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe honetly answers questions that are sent to him. Many cannot and will not answer questions. How would I know?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
sly has been a gunbroker seller since 1999. he has a 99%+ feedback rating. he currently has 78 items for sale...

there certainly does seem to be a problem here...but it shore aint wid sly...

based upon his feedback, sly is a good guy, with a long track record of doing a good job, which is more than I can say for some of you...shame on you for bad mouthing him here.

The definition of a good seller on gun broker can be deceiving.

While it appears he has had 99% happy customers, that does not mean he is describing some of his stuff in other than farfetched descriptions or bad horse dealer fashion.

I took the time to look at several of the supposed "best" gun he was selling. Anyone, any professional gun dealer, of at least 13 years experience should understand they are not best guns.

While I doubt any of us would fall for his hyperbole, I venture some unsuspecting buyer might be fooled. The seller's only saving grace for his "best" gun listings are that his pictures are good enough to show he is beyond the pale in his statements.

Ed, do you believe his descriptions are accurate in his use of the term "Best" when describing BLNE and BLE guns?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=421737280
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=422176758
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=422539831
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=422578491

Or his referring at different points in his description of this gun as "sideplated" then later "sidelock" is not deceptive:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=422023925

Ed did you take the time to look past his 99% rating and examine some of his "best" gun descriptions?

Or BTW did the Pollard gun really looked "sleeved" to you?

He may indeed be completely honest, but just ignorant and or ill disciplined in his descriptions, I don't know. I have brought guns on gunbroker from sellers that I spoke to and it became obvious to me they did not understand how to describe the SxS they were selling properly. One double rifle I purchased sticks out in my mind as the shop really didn't know or care to actually figure what cartridge it was chambered for.

He may indeed be doing a good job making buyers happy, but some of his listings do not show a good job to me.

It is a buyer beware world, and every person should know what they are buying. It is our responsibility to be informed, but that does not give sellers freedom to deceive deliberately or otherwise.

All said, I feel badly for the uninitiated who might fall for his poor descriptions and purchase from him.

Last edited by old colonel; 06/14/14 09:53 PM. Reason: correction and addition

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

no return policy no bid.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Colonel I believe ed is trying to plant in our minds the belief that a high feedback rating on Gunbroker always means a seller is trustworthy and can be bought from with confidence. Since ed is a seller on Gunbroker with a high feedback rating promotion of that misconception is advantageous to him.

Many of us believe that the GunBroker feedback system unfairly favors the sellers. It seems to me that as long as the seller actually ships the pictured gun to the correct address he is going to wind up with a positive rating in the Gunbroker feedback system.

Since ed did not answer your points about SLY's gun classifieds that you linked to I think he has conceded that those guns are extremely overrated in SLY's descriptions.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Subjective terms used in descriptions should always be suspect. Describing a typical boxlock as "Best" is a good example. There are other exmples as well, the two that always set off bells for me are "Minty", and "Rare". As I see it, "Minty" often means a poor attempt (in terms of Original Condition, such as TruOil stocks and poor CC patterns) at refinishing/restoration, and "Rare" usually means the opposite. I always get a kick out of it when a Crescent or JABC is described as "Rare"..

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very few if, any mint, condition guns hit Gunbroker. Most of the guns listed or sold there are average to well below average condition. We all look there hoping to find the gem or pearl in the crap load of listings. Some dealers list their dogs there to dump them and some list everything they have in stock using Gunbroker as internet store front. Few need Gunbroker to sell the few "perfect" guns they get as they often have them sold to a select list of waiting collectors or regular buyers who have asked to be informed when an item becomes available.

Feedback is a very suspicious or at best a tenuous item to me. Too often bad feedback(s) gets deleted. I know because some of them were posted by me and they are gone. I hate bidding on any item where a bidder has zero or almost no feedback. Often you look at the other bidder information and see he is bidding on ten item at once or been a listed bidder for years and never bought a single item of value. Worse you see bid retractions. This is a shill bidder used to run up the price. A cheat.

If not for the fact that Gunbroker get the most items listed for view I would not bother. You still can find a decent value if you look and wait but they are few and far in between. And like others I have sellers I follow and a few I would not buy water from in the desert. Sly and Ed are on the second list.

Sidelock
Sidelock

pooch said it all in few words:

"no return policy no bid."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
pooch said it all in few words:

"no return policy no bid."

I think saying it all would have the word "clear" in it:

"no clear return policy, no bid."

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.