The two inch gun I owned was built by Skimmin & Wood I was told. It was a wand. Very light and a pleasure to carry and shoot for low volume numbers of birds. But it was built from the ground up to be light. The barrels were thin to begin with, the stock had been bored out to balance the gun, the ribs were sunken or swamped, the barrels were 25", the fore end was shorter than normal. It was a five pound and change magic wand. With my Federal Paper 2" reloads it was death on quail and doves.

The entire gun was designed to be a 2" gun not just a 2 1/2" that was bored to 2". It was choked IM in both barrels and I thought it was choked too tight until I patterned it and used it in the field. The delivered beautiful patterns. I was sadden to hear the next owner opened the chokes up without even trying them. He knew IM was too tight for a bird gun. I suspect his patterns were splotchy with hole at ranges there should have been none. Before you fix a gun you should see if there is a problem and fixing the chokes was not needed.