September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (mel5141, azgreg, Vol423, 1 invisible), 481 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,863
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

As of April 1st, 2014;

I have several free email services banned from new registrations...gmail, hotmail, yahoo...etc.

This just prevents NEW registrations from those services...If you were signed up prior to my ban you are cool.

This is a result of our bored third world friends who seem to think forum SPAM will get us all to buy counterfeit sneakers, knock off sunglasses and look-a-like purses.

If you are a real human and wish to participate on the forum but use a free email service drop me a note and I'll set you up with an account.

PS - Patience Grasshopper...I approve all new registrations manually...So based on my real life being fairly time consuming...it may take up to a day to get your account fired up.

davew@doublegunshop.com

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, I am forever thankful for your efforts to keep this board up and running. I can only imagine what a headache it is to keep the spammers and hackers out. Hats off to you!

John McCain is my war hero.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you, Dave. I use a gmail account and everything seems to be working as usual, but maybe a bit slow to load the pages. It's worth the wait. Thanks for all you do.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave - this forum is very important to a lot of people, and we are all grateful for your efforts. So sorry that you have to put up with this BS to keep it running.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, early on, I had to suspend auto registration for the Model 21 Forum and vet each registration, I would trace the IP address and require a email describing why the registrant wanted to join the Forum.
It's sad but there are some pretty weird individuals out there.
Good luck.-Dick

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Dick, Thank you for the note...I did that about 3 years ago. I currently manually approve/deny every registration.

Most of the time the SPAM is fairly easy to pick out. On the fence registrations will prompt me to search the web for the email address to see where the person/bot has been. If that is inconclusive then I do the IP trace....

Unfortunately these scum spammers are inventive and often use proxy seervers so the IP trace may or may not help.

I am always at a loss as to what these idiots hope to achieve....do they really think we all want knock off sunglasses and counterfeit sneakers?

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

With phone solicitors I’d tell them to hold for a minute and then walk away. If I felt playful, when they’d ask how I was, I’d go into a long drawn out diatribe about whatever trivial thing I could think of, I’d go on and on until they’d finally hang up. With the junk mail crowd I used to weigh down their postage paid reply envelopes with junk (everything but my name and address) and mail it back to them. It seems like there must be some easy and even fun way to retaliate against these subhuman life forms.

Steve

Last edited by Rockdoc; 04/15/14 08:18 PM.

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for your efforts, Dave Weber. This is a wonderful resource and we are blessed to have it.

[IMG]
GRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave thank you for getting me registered. I know nothing about computers and I mean nothing. I do know a lot about double guns having about. 300 double guns. I lost count long ago. I re - chambered, relined them, rebuilt them but I feel that I can pick up some good information from this forum. The one thing I do not know is how to get the buttstock off a 16 gauge Halifax. That is my current project. I converted it to a 28 gauge but the buttstock needs work but I can not figure how it is attached. I also need to lighten up the trigger pull.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GRF,
Look here:

http://www.gournetusa.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76

Geoffroy's site doesn't have a lot of traffic. But, this particular post seems like it will answer your question.
I imported the Darne for over a decade, and can answer most questions. I check in here every day.
Welcome aboard and good luck with the project.

Best,
Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.