Drew firstly I must say that I am not the greatest exponent of reloading but I did give it a try some time back but I personally found myself thinking I would rather be doing anything but this reloading chore. I am sure that things have not changed here in Brit land since then so primers wads and Nitro propellants are all available for the home re-loader on production of that all-important Shotgun Certificate.
Now Black Powder is another animal entirely enter that process Brit bureaucracy does extremely well possibly because of Guy Fawkes and his barrel of Gunpowder who is fondly remembered by us Brits on the eve of November 5th. To purchase a pound or two of Gunpowder for sporting use so out come the hoops for the poor unfortunate would be user to jump through, so now you require a licence to purchase a licence to transport and an inspection of where the powder is to be stored which in my view made shooting Black powder one hoop jump to far. Though surprisingly British bureaucracy can be rather out of touch with reality, during months leading up to November the 5th retail outlets and supermarkets only need a retailers licence to store and sell Fireworks to the public which as we all know contain Gunpowder and their stock levels over the country must amount to tons of the stuff not to mention the amounts in fireworks kept in private homes over the November period.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!