September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (azgreg, Mike Harrell, 2 invisible), 204 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,929
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
GLS #382054 10/29/14 05:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken and James, I agree, but would argue that it is much more intellectually stimulating to debate and argue with someone who is honest. None of you can ever win with King... even if we are 110% correct. In the very next thread, he will be back spouting the very same lies and bullshit that you successfully refuted yesterday. When you eventually tire of refuting the same lies, he wins. If you become adamant in illuminating and suppressing the repeated lies, some Libtard like GLS or Replacement will be along to attempt to vilify you, and make you the target. The "Big Lie" becomes the truth. A page in the Liberal Playbook becomes validated. I told GLS that's not going to happen with me, no matter how much mud he slings my way. I mean that.

Why any of you wish to give a pass to a liar, no matter what the reason, is beyond me. It doesn't take youth, vigor, or strength to operate a keyboard.

Nor does it take intelligence... GLS is proof of that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

GLS #382057 10/29/14 05:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know you mean it, Keith. But I don't have quite the same take on it you do.

I think the few people who read these threads, who read what King posts, and read our response to his posts that posit something that is either factually wrong or can't be proven, get that. Most aren't stupid.

Most people are swayed, not by reason alone but reason combined with emotion. And accurate or not, IMHO, I don't believe you are winning any coverts to our viewpoint by vilifying King at every chance.

Note I said vilifying. One can challenge veracity and prove an earlier statement to be incorrect without getting personal. It may get tedious at times but likely no more tedious than your current approach.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
GLS #382058 10/29/14 05:45 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not so much "giving him a pass". He'll never directly cede a point or admit that he's wrong. He nimbly pivots on the issue and then asserts either "Moral Equivalencey", or "Denial, Dismissal, and Demonization". When that happens you can be sure your point has struck home. It's kind of refreshing, as if that happened with your normal Leftist, he'd usually experience a massive cognitive dissonance reaction, lose control, and respond emotionally. Once someone breaks down and calls you an A$$hole, the debate is no longer fun.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
GLS #382059 10/29/14 05:48 PM
GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Behind his anonymous curtain, he insults contrary opinions of those who dare
With a quiver full of childish insults he flings without a care
“I’ve called him a liar and dishonest to boot”,
“He ignores my taunts and doesn’t give a hoot”
When the curtain is lifted all see a bully filled with hot air

Ken, repeatedly calling someone a "liar" repeatedly for years is worse than calling someone an a$$hole. Talk about tanking a discussion. If one had to choose between the two, what is worse? Has King ever called anyone a liar or a$$hole? Gil

GLS #382060 10/29/14 06:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, that's the point. He doesn't. That's one of the most basic rules of the "Art of Persuasion". Once you start name-calling, the ability to persuade ends. I hit King really hard about his ideology, yet never once has he broken down and called me names. I also have tried not to get personal, but I have no problem with trashing King's ideology, using all the Cold War examples and terms. King just "rolls with it". I admire that. Even if, given half the chance, he'd have me packed off for "Reeducation"...

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
GLS #382062 10/29/14 06:10 PM
GLS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ken61, he did admit his middle name was "Lenin". Don't know if that is true or not, but it was priceless. smile He doesn't engage with keith. That drives keith nuts. Why should he? Who would? The few that have ended up in slime fests. Keith thinks his being ignored by King is somehow diabolical or dishonest. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
On a matter related to the subject the OP brought up.

On the subject of King, I AM prepared to give him a pass based on his age.

It is doubtful he recently murdered anyone or stuck a shiv in them. He isn't evicting widows and orphans. And he' probably not blowing up kittens in a microwave.

At this point in his life, especially if you are correct Keith, he has remarkably little power left to do or affect anything. He gets on line with us and tells stories of his past that may not be accurate. He may exaggerate his impact on historical events and personalities. He has political views different than mine or yours. So what! My dad says goofy things at age 87 that I don't bother to point out any more. What's the point.

Not asking you to agree with me, just stating my position.

Perhaps we should consider James's point here and just accept King Brown as our befuddled octogenerian "Teller of Tales". eek

I well remember the 1st time I vacationed in Arizona with my family back in the 70s at a Dude ranch.
One of the old time wranglers told us the cattle would get so thirsty that when it rained even in the slightest they'd lay down, and roll over on their backs with their mouths open. shocked
I can relate this to a liberals understanding and explanation of our economy and also the approach we should take when dealing with ISIS.
Obama has added a who new perspective to just "rolling over" and it will take some doing to recover from it. smirk Nothing K Brown can obfuscate on can change this and fellow Democrats are running away from Obama as fast as they can.
There were other whoppers that were re-told by this wrangler but I've slept a few nights since then. He was very entertaining even though not much of what he related was true. I guess I better add that no cows were harmed during these sessions! grin
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 10/29/14 06:30 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
GLS #382067 10/29/14 06:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, the, "Lenin" admission. That's probably what cemented my view of King, which I detailed in my post shortly after that. He's unabashed about his views, but he's much too subtle to resort to typical Leftist rhetoric. He does a much better job than either Alan Colmes or Bob Beckel, two individuals who essentially attempt to present the same sort of viewpoint. If King was on MSNBC, I might actually WATCH it....

Last edited by Ken61; 10/29/14 06:31 PM.

GLS #382068 10/29/14 06:25 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Ken61, he did admit his middle name was "Lenin".

I laughed my ass off at that one!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
GLS #382072 10/29/14 06:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If King and Keith were weapons, Keith would be the heavy Battleaxe, capable of bludgeoning an opponent as well as cutting him in half, while King is more like a Rapier, forcing an opponent to always be on their guard, as only a couple of inches in the right place could be a disaster.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.