Thanks Pete...AND.. thank you for redirecting me to the French Identified Craftsmen page...I just noticed that an ID question that was sent out to all the members of "Friends of the Liege Museum" several years ago, regarding a Berthon Freres O/U, wound up posting the reference material that I submitted. French makers are not my strong suit, but the info passed the scrutiny of the other board members. Believe me, they are not keen on some American telling them of their own history. Over the years associated with Littlegun, not one smart ass accused me of being on drugs, or wearing aluminum foil hats (like Yeti)...It should come as no suprise that fellow researchers are reluctant to post here......
So, I say THANK YOU to Mr.Brown, Ted and ALL the others who let me post some French data, without becoming anything other than interested. We are not going to unravel the French gun trade here and it's doubtful that anyone will print the thread, but some will save all the digital images in their computer or on CD to be later compared to additional posted data...quickly, and without papers or file cabinets.