On another board I hadn't seen the barrel markings and had thought it was rechamberred from a 5.6x36R(Hornet). Again I'd be wary of using full power 222 Rem load data.

Nice looking rig and would make a great fox, coyote, and bobcat calling rig.

I just loaded up a big batch of 1 oz Nickel plated BB and #2 2.5" 16ga loads for coyote calling out of my unmarked 6.5x58R/16ga/16ga hammerless drilling.

Loaded 2.75" shells will chamber in a 2.5" chamber because the shells are measured in there fired/open state. The problem with the 2.75" shells in a 2.5" chamber is when they are fired the crimps open into the narrower barrel instead of the larger chamber and the pressure rises. There have been a few studies that say it doesn't matter as the rise is only 1,000 psi or so. Modern shotshells even low brass target loads run at a fairly high PSI as they have to operate gas and recoil operated semi-autos reliably. For ammunition companies it is more economical to load smaller quantities of faster burning powder at higher pressure(burns cleaner also). There is plenty of data available for low pressure loads, I like to keep mine under 8,000 psi.

Last edited by oskar; 12/14/14 01:21 PM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.